We went the first weekend in December. York was exceptionally busy as it was the same weekend as the Chrstmas Market. The hotel staff were very efficient, room service food was delicious and the breakfast in the room was lovely but far too much of it really.
The afternoon tea was pleasant but cakes were not to my liking :(
The pool, steam room and massages were a great way to relax after a cold busy day in the city centre.
Definitely stay there again (just need to start saving!).
Expensive but worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TravelUp, Lastminute, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York