My wife booked us a night in the Cedar Court Grand Hotel and Spa for our first wedding anniversary.
We were over the moon in regards to the 'second to none' service that we received. Nothing was a problem, all the staff were very friendly and helpful, and made us feel truly welcome and at home.
Our room was upgraded from a suite at no extra cost when the staff found out that it was our anniversary. The room was stunning, with high ceilings and separate ensuite shower and bathroom room. The standard of finish and upholstery of the room was excellent, very clean, no evidence of any prior guests. The attention to detail in the room was fantastic, and loads of little extras were present, and of very high quality.
The spa facilities were very good, although we did not book any treatments. Pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi were great.
The décor throughout the hotel was in keeping with the old building, but was modern at the same time.
Breakfast was very good with the best quality local ingredients, and a large spread including all the usual continental breakfast items. A separate breakfast menu was available to order from and the coffee was good.
Location couldn't be better, a 2 minute walk will get you to the edge of the town center, next to the York museum gardens. York minister is around 10 minutes walk.
There are a number of lounges available to relax in on the ground floor, and the bar serves top cocktails and a range of spirits and drinks not typical of your average pub / bar.
We will definitely be staying at the Cedar Court Grand Hotel again, we highly recommend it to anyone. There was never a problem to any request that we made, as proved when my wife arranged to have a bottle waiting for us in our room when we arrived.
Best weekend we have had in a long time, a big thank you to all the staff.
Gordon and Kim Cairns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa