Great location for visiting York. Hotel itself was not 5* had a room on second floor and was woken up by building works outside early on a saturday morning . Some TV channels were not working, air conditioning was not that effective. Night doorman was rude when we came back to hotel and asked us what we were doing there, when told we were guests of the hotel he just muttered something about keeping noise down (we were hardly teenagers comming home from a club ).. !! All in all we were disappointed with Yorks only 5* hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa