Just arrived back from this hotel, and enjoyed the whole 5 star experience, we celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary there, as a present from our children, as a surprise, and what a lovely surprise! I really cannot fault this Hotel, it is indeed deserving of all the praise it gets. The staff, were all friendly, helpful, and informative, and the situation that the Cedar Court Grand Hotel is indeed what makes it more charming, The City of York is really lovely, it has a richness of times gone by that's enchanting, just a stones throw away from all that York has to offer all travellers, you couldn't wish for more this Hotel has it all. The breakfast was plentiful. varied, and tasteful, the staff were really nice friendly and accommodating to any ones choices and tastes. The railway Museum had all 16 of the most famous steam trains in the world under one roof while we were there, and it was a dream for any Steam train enthusiast, to actually witness this. The Viking Museum, the York Museum, the York Minster Cathedral and the streets, the Shambles, the market, and the shops, and all are delightful.
We were in the Executive room, which contained a huge bath, a walk in shower, a sitting room area, and a King size bed, the maid service was twice a day, morning for changing all the linen replenishing the drinking facilities, and cleaning, the evening was for the turning down of the bedding, replenishing the drinks, and each evening there was a weather forecast card placed on the bed, along with a tube for each of us of Moulton Brown lip chap. All in all I would recommend this Hotel one of the nicest we have ever had the good fortune to stay in for the 4 days we were in York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa