Stayed last evening. Nice hotel and friendly staff. One major isssue checking in at 3pm was that one of our rooms was not ready. We waited in our other room and was informed by the receptionist that it would be ready in a few minutes and keys would be delivered to us for our other room. One hour later we had to ring reception, we were obviously forgotten about as within 5 minutes keys were delivered to our door. Breakfast was overpriced and another mix up occurred on the guest list as we were already down as having eaten. Really wanted to like this hotel but mistakes made took the edge off out stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa