I am just back from a one night stay at the Cedar Court Grand (only one night as it is really expensive). A friend and I went with the intention to spend the weekend Christmas shopping. From the minute we arrived we felt so welcome and comfortable it was hard to leave the hotel. I have never been to a hotel that I didn't want to go out before. Our room was really comfortable. We spent a a couple of hours each day using the spa which is really relaxing. We used the hotel bar and went to the Mad Hatters Tea Party. The Mad Hatters Tea Party was great but I would think if you were going with kids it would be magical. The staff really could not do more to make us feel welcome. Breakfast was one of the best I have ever had. Book and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa