Been to York many times but never stayed in this hotel. The hotel is 5* & so was the service. All the staff from the guy who parked the car, took your bags up to the reception staff were really welcoming & helpful they couldnt do enough for you.
The rooms are lovely, we stayed in a classic double the room was quite big, bathroom lovely had everything you needed. Molton Brown toiletries to use that were refreshed at turn down & also other nice touches like a weather report left at turn down with complimentary lip balms as it was cold the next day to stop those chapped lips!! with bottled water by our beds.
Breakfast the following day was nice continental selection was good as was the full yorkshire. There were only two things that I was dissapointed with and the first was the spa I wouldnt class it as 5* very small & in need of some TLC also the jacuzzi was out of order and this was probably the best part of the spa. Also the price of breakfast £40 for two people I feel is rather OTT even for a 5* hotel at the end of the day bacon & egg is what it is no matter where you eat it & what was on the plate certainly was not £20pp worth!
I would stay here again & I would recommend this hotel as the location is fantastic right on Lendal Bridge a 2 min walk to the centre of York about 10 min max walkfrom the train station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa