just spent 2 nights in junior suitte room 2.to sum up perfection.from moment we were met outside hotel & had car valet parked we entered a sanctury of total luxury & excess.room brilliant bathroom had centre bath & no less than 3 showers.bed so comfy.there is some noise from the exclusive clientel of nearby nightclub.prlerhapd they shout so much as deafened by the music? but this is not hotels fault & we are both heavy sleepers.the bar is lovely with cocktails to die for.the restaurant kenu is super and the spa tranquil and wonderful.all in all if this is second best hotel in york i think this eebsite should have a recount! cannot wait til our next visit in august ten out of ten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa