Firstly the hotel is a lovely old building, and some of the staff were very helpful. We paid more than 800 pounds for the new years eve 2 night package, thinking that because we had paid alot of money and the hotel was a five star har har hotel we would get 5 star treatment. Do not be fooled by the looks, the service was appalling from start to finish. From day one we were chasing service after service. The so called ball was terrible, in a rather small room sat around a table with people we did not know. at the so called champagne reception, we were refused a 2nd glass. No music until around 10pm, megre portions, just horrendous. we were charged for a breakfast on our final day which was already paid for, it stated late check out but we were being called at 11.30 to vacate the room, Cold water for a shower, kept waiting at check in a very cold lobby for half an hour, i could go on and on. I emailed the manager and stated we want some kind of a refund, his reply was he was not in the habit of negotiating with guests but offered a room for 1 night but would not guarantee we would get this offer. H e also stated that the hotel had let us down and apologised. He provided 2 emails to take my complaint further, i sent an email to the CEO and he has not bothered to even respond. It is typical of sub standard english customer service. I would not book any special occasion you are having in york with this hotel, ok for a bed for the night do not let the 5 star fool you..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Prestigia, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York