We booked a double classic room and stayed for one night on a Saturday. As it was especial occasion, we wanted to stay somewhere special, and this hotel really stood out.
On arrival we pulled up outside the entrance and my partner got out to find out where we can park. A doorman then opened my car door and said he would park the car for me! This came as a shock as he didn't introduce himself and when he opened my door he scared me to death!!! He then very kindly brought our bags in and opened the door - what great service! I have never had this happen to me before and it was amazing. I felt very important! (WARNING - you then get a bill for £20 for parking as an additional cost! I didn't realise this and I didn't see any signs in reception and wasn't told by any member of staff)
The room was an exteamly good size with a toilet on one side and bathroom on the other. Very nicely decorated being modern and spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was amazing! WARNING: you have to pay more to have a cooked breakfast.
Overall we were very impressed by the Cedar Grand however it is extremely expensive and I truley believe that if you are paying almost £300 a night, the car parking should be cheaper eg £10 a night and a cooked breakfast should be included in the rate.
I think that £600 for two nights would not be worth it, then £40 extra for car parking (£20 a night) and £20 supplement (£5 per person per day) to have cooked breakfast. Wow.
When I have just written that I thought 'what a complete waste of money'!!!!!!!! However it was one of the best hotels I've stayed in with some of the best service I have seen so we will return again but it will have to be for something truley special! We would look at a cheaper time of the year/day of the week
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Lastminute, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York