Another return to this wonderful hotel and it has to rank as one of the best in the UK. The staff are so friendly the hotel so well maintained and if you need anything just ask.
We had a couple of minor issues which I am not going to disclose because the Manager, Peter sorted them so quickly and without a fuss it was as though they has not happened and was so helpful and friendly it made such as difference. So a big thank you Peter for all your help and assistance.
My Wife spent some wonderful hours relaxing in the spa with its pool, steam room and sauna.
We dined in Hudson's on Saturday evening and the food was first class and as always excellently served and presented, the suite we had was fantastic and made us feel relaxed and homely, all in all it was an excellent experience again.
Add the Grand package for your arrival which gives you champagne. chocolate dipped strawberries, a bouquet of flowers, chocolates and toiletries, it's a great way to start the stay.
I would say to end this review there is a lesson for all, that after the few bad reviews I have seen about this wonderful place, those who made them obviously did not communicate their concerns at the time and feel that it's best to be negative on TA, which I can't understand. For me it was no effort to discuss and resolve the issues and gives me no excuse to mark this wonderful place down, in actual fact if I could give more marks I would. Thanks to all the staff, from the house keeping, maintenance, waiters, waitresses, butlers and Managers. I have stayed in some wonderful places, but this ranks as one of the finest and we can't wait to come back again in September.
Well done again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, TravelUp, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York