The Grand Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$91
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$87
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$100
Park Inn
  • Restaurant
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$123
US$129
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$142
US$117
  • Room Service
4,348 results
All reviewscedar courtmolton brown toiletriesturn down servicestar hotellip balmdoor staffclassic roomexecutive roomunderfloor heatingon arrivaloriginal featuressteam roomcontinental breakfastamazing hotelbeautiful buildingtrain stationbirthday treat
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our second stay here so we must like it. Great service from the moment you step in the door although sometimes the doormen are a little too keen to get your bags! We had a standard double room 222 and having stayed in an Executive double the previous time we did not feel it was a disappointment. Another very spacious room with high ceilings and great bathroom - plenty of room for us. One small criticism was the location of the television sited perpendicular to the bed so that it was very difficult to see it unless you were sitting in the chairs. Perhaps a facility to tilt the tv might be an idea! In addition the air conditioning is a wee but noisy. We had room service one night of pizza and chips and both were extremely delicious although a pet hate of mine is calling chips 'hand cut' when clearly they are not. I still loved them but be honest about what customers are going to get. Breakfast was continental and a wonderful spread, you can pay an additional £5 to get a hot breakfast but I was more than happy with the choice, cold meats, fish, cheese, cereals and pastries. Service at breakfast was great and we remembered Gillian from the last time who is lovely and friendly. Another great stay and can recommend. It's expensive at approximately £150 per night for 2 with continental breakfast but it is a wee oasis of luxury.

1  Thank rosebud23573
Reviewed 24 April 2014

All been said really, great place to stay. Position near the railway station, staff very courteous, good spa & facilities, rooms all a bit different I gather as it used to be a Railway HQ, thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank RaleighRimmel
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have just returned from one night in an executive room (306) at the Cedar Court hotel and I had a lovely relaxing stay, too short to leave the details on the "how did we do" card in the hotel.

I arrived early at the hotel and my bags were stored for me so I sat on the garden terrace where I was served tea by the very friendly Carrie where we discussed shopping tips as I was alone until my friend arrived. We had planned an afternoon of hectic shopping but in the end we found the hotel so relaxing we had lunch on the terrace and relaxed.

My room was divine, I did take photographs, I don't know why but I did probably to show off to my friends but I was so pleased with the size and care to detail. The bed was huge, I did not want to get out of it this morning. I could write reams and reams but I feel the best advice is treat yourselves to a night at Cedar Court or better still get someone else to treat you to one.

This stay was a birthday present to me, I made sure I received a birthday present I wanted and I was not disappointed.

I am a recently diagnosed coeliac and this would be my first "eating out" since hospital or home so I was very apprehensive but I had emailed the hotel and they had taken all my dietary requirements into account.

In the room there was gluten free brownies, soya milk it was great not to have to ask and make an issue out of being GF. I did not bother unpacking any or my GF snacks which I had packed for emergencies.

Breakfast the next day I was greeted with knowledgable staff who were aware I was GF and I was given such a choice of foods I was almost embarrassed, could I eat it all, no longer did I feel the odd one in the corner, a veggie and GF.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my one night at Cedar Court. The contact with all the staff I had was very friendly not overbearing at all and I am already planning a return but will try and stay for two nights as I really did not want to come home even though I have been known York for over 40 years this felt an oasis of calm for me but room 306 is mine from now on please or only when I want to stay.

Room Tip: 306 but it is mine now. I hear no noise even though there is a car park next to it. I did hear children this morning in the room above me but that didn't bother me as they were happy children.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here in March 2014, will without a doubt be returning! Fantastic hotel, brilliant location and the staff treated us like royalty. A short stroll from the train station, staff at the door to help with your bags/show you to your room. Excellent room service, lovely food, easy access to the pool/spa and a brilliant central location! This hotel and its staff made our city break without a doubt 5 star :)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We booked a night at the Cedar Court for bank holiday Monday. We arrived in the evening and was greeted by valet parking, Alan the porter and Jordi the head concierge.
The staff were welcoming and friendly and made check in very easy.

Within being our first time in York and not knowing about the city it was great the Jordi was on hand to inform us on local attraction and even book us a table at the Old Siam (which too was fantastic). We were given a complimentary map and informed of how to get to the local sites and approx costs.

Our room overlooked the terrace and was perfect in size for our stay, the decor was superb with an large bathroom with shower and surround stereo speakers!
The bar area had a nice atmosphere and the bar man was pleasant and also recommended some great cocktails.

Our stay was overall excellent and one that we will be returning to later in the year. Our only upset was didn't get to use the great spa facilities due to not having enough time in York, so would recommend a 2 night stay and definitely this hotel.

Thanks for making our stay enjoyable.
Stephanie and Leon