I loved the grand character to this place, the large plush chairs in the lounge areas, the large bedroom....soft pillows and cosy bed. Very, very nice. We didn't eat here so can't comment on that. I used the pool which was great. A few others using it too when I was there. Had a facial and the actual facial was great but the young girl doing it needs to have a nicer, more personal, relaxing approach to her work. I found her rather rude. However, the other staff seemed to be fine.
Overall we loved our stay and would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa