I first stayed here last month for a couple of nights with my husband and couldnt wait to go back. I booked the 'I love Sundays' package and couldnt believe the value for money.
We arrived early ,the valet parking was great, no hassle around parking and worth the cost. After the day spent round York we checked in ,the room was lovely ,two good sized beds, dressing gowns and slippers and fabulous Molton Brown goodies.We headed to the Spa as the package included a thirty minute treatment.. I opted for the neck, shoulder and back massage. It was divine I cant rate the spa staff highly enough, friendly and probably the best massage I have had .
We didnt eat in the hotel but had cocktails in the bar ,and although they are a bit pricey ,the Apple Crumble martini was sublime, in fact we ended up having three but they were sooo good, and by the second we didnt care how much they cost.
The continental breakfast the next day was good ,with a good selection ,however we were asked for our room number 3 times, no one else was, so made us feel as though they didnt think we should be having breakfast.
Good checkout ,friendly staff ,excellent valet service.
I cant wait until I can go again, and cant recommend this hotel enough .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa