My husband and I stayed here one night at the end of a 3 1/2 week trip. Our room was luxurious and spacious. We had stayed in some lovely B&B's and hotels but didn't always have the room to spread our things out. The separate areas with counter and sink space were especially nice for us at this point in our journey. We loved the underfloor heating in the bathrooms...a very nice touch. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable, making for an excellent night's sleep.
The staff was friendly, helpful and anxious to please. The location is excellent for seeing the sights and also very close to the train station. We walked to the station coming and going. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Prestigia, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa