Made a weekend out of an invitation to friends 70th. I used to work in these offices so thought I would treat myself and see how them conversion had gone. I was not disappointed. Stepped off the train into hotel. Service and staff first class and friendly. Although a standard room really top class with the most comfortable bed, pillows and duvet that I have experienced. Had the best nights sleep in a hotel that I recall in a long time. Sadly due to the pressure of my social engagement I did not have time to experience the facilities such as the bar and the spa. They looked after our bags on the day of departure and I collected them as we passed on the way to the station. I am now looking for an excuse to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa