The hotel is beautiful and the staff was very nice to us. It is very near from the train stationa nd the city centre you can get there walking in less than five minutes. Our room was big and we had complimentary details, like coffee, water and some cookies. In the afternoon we had our beds open, extra mineral water, tomorrow's forecast and lip balms. The heating didn't work properly and it was quite cold in the room. There are a lot of services in the hotel and it's very beautiful to celebrate any personal event. The dress code is too much strict and we ddin't had breakfast there.
We will come back as soon as we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Lastminute, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York