My husband and I spent a 2 night stay at the Cedar Court Grand at the end of July for our wedding anniversary. Throughout our stay we found the staff to be lovely and we were given an upgrade upon check in as it was our first time at the hotel. Our executive room was enormous and the bathroom was lovely. I particularly liked the Molton Brown toiletries, especially the lip salve left by the bed as part of the turn down service. I agree with previous comments that the cleaning staff did not replenish items or change drinking glasses as part of the turn down service and this is something I would expect from a 5 star hotel.
Breakfast was included in our stay and we ate in the room on both mornings. The first day I had the yorkshire breakfast was delicious, the second day I had scrambled egg bagel and it was really horrible. Cold, bland and rubbery. Other than this the only other complaint I could possibly make was the lack of information about the spa in the room or lobby and the fact that the spa didn't actually do any treatments as they weren't fully operational when we were there. The spa facilities are very nice and we were the only people in there.
The valet parking was excellent value and very convenient, the bar area is comfortable and relaxing. Throughout our stay my husband and I joked about being in the hotel from 'The Shining' but don't worry, that was only because we didn't see another guest the whole time we were there. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa