“Good decent food served here”
Review of Guy Fawkes Inn

Guy Fawkes Inn
Ranked #95 of 868 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$21 - US$38
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Lit by candlelight and gas-lamps, with timber floors and roaring fires, our restaurant is a place to withdraw from the world and relax. We serve simple, unpretentious pub food that is skilfully prepared to allow the quality of the fresh local produce to speak for itself.
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Good decent food served here”
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Ate here on 2 evenings last week while on a 4 night stay in York. We first went in last Monday when we needed a cool drink on a very suuny and warm afternoon. It is very quaint and full of history and also may a have a few ghosts. The staff were very welcoming and chatty to us, so the following night we dined there early as were going on a ghost walk.
I had the french onion soup for starter and then lamb for main, Could not fault any of it. My husband went for the posh prawn cocktail and then steak with bearnaise sauce.
On our last night in York- last Thursday we decided to go back to eat and drink in the Guy Fawkes.
I went for the same dishes and my husband took the belly of pork for main.
I enjoyed several glasses of rose and my husband drunk the Addlestones cider.
The place is mainly lit by gas light and candles and i am sure this would be the perfect place to spend time in the winter as well as Summer.
We moved into the bar area after dinner. The chef then heard we had enjoyed 2 nights of good food and brought us a complimentary plate of variious desserts.
All the staff were very friendly.
We were staying in their sister hotel - Marmadukes, and was told, the chef would be cooking at Marmadukes during the weekend.
Enjoyed everything about Guy Fawkes.

1 Thank Hilary S

Portsmouth
“Cosy and Quirky, lovely staff, excellent food”
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We had dinner at the Inn on a recent visit to York - Guy Fawkes was apparantly born there. It's not at all fussy or fancy, but it's full of character (in keeping with it's namesake) and clean (I'd never eat anywhere that wasn't!) The meal we had was better than I've been served in some very expensive restaurants and the staff were all lovely. I hope to visit York again and I intend to book to stay there.