“Clean and relaxing”

Premier Inn York City (Blossom St South) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Friendly staff , clean comfortable room and a short walk to the city centre , would defo stay again .

• Stayed: November 2011
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn York City (Blossom St South) Hotel

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Cannot fault this place at all. Location is great, and for the more sociable amongst you, it might be useful to know that there's a Wetherspoons pub right across the road, and also a Sainsbury's local store just along the road for any supplies you might need. Rooms were very spacious, bed enormous, totally satisfied with every aspect. As with most Premier Inns, the staff were extremely polite and helpful. We stayed 3 nights and on the third night some rather inconsiderate guests along our corridor were making a heck of a noise at 3.30am. Not the hotel's fault, but I told the lady on receprion the next morning and without hesitation, she refunded me the full night's stay under their 'good night sleep guarantee'. I personally think Premier Inns have just about got the game nailed these days and I will always try to stay with them as the first option. We had the buffet breakfast each morning, which was just as magnificent as everything else. For anyone contemplating the train to York too, this hotel is an easy 5 minute (or less) walk from the station. Superb - well satisfied and would recommend it to anyone. Also Blossom Street North, which is only next door but one as well, and really they are one and the same.

Room Tip: As far as I know all rooms are much the same
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Just enjoyed a most pleasant stay at the Premier Inn Blossom St. South. A 5 minutes' walk from the Railway Station it is perfectly placed if travelling in by rail, and a ten minute walk sees you in the city centre. The room was large and spotlessly clean, and the restaurant next door provided a tasty evening meal. Breakfast was also spot on, and I would certainly recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting a break in the lovely City of York.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank babs261046
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Although me and my partner had a very enjoyable weekend we got totally scammed by the car parking!! Prior to our visit a receptionist phoned me to tell me there were no car parking facilities on site (which was fine) and we were to park in the NCP car park behind the hotel. Trusting this information we did so and paid over £13 for 24hrs. However, on our way to reception we noticed there was a pay and display car park behind Premier Inn Blossom Street North next door which was not exclusive to that hotel which was £8 for 24hrs. I felt really let down that the receptionist had clearly gone out of her way to ring me and give misleading information in order to possibly free up space in this car park. I even asked at check-in if that car park was only for Blossom Street North customers and she replied 'no, we use that one as well!. Very confusing!! So basically if you get a call telling you to park in NCP DON'T check the pay and display car park first which is right next door, and you'll save yourself a few pounds!!

The hotel location is excellent and if you hadn't already guessed there are two premier inns right next door to one another so it is worth comparing prices to see which comes out cheaper as this one worked out £40 cheaper for me!! Its right outside the city walls and train station so no need for a car because you can pretty much walk everywhere.

As usual the premier inn is very clean and in keeping with the same standard as other hotels in the chain, modern, comfy rooms etc etc.

The breakfast all you can eat is lushh and help yourself so i'd definitely recommend that. The hotel has a Table Table restaurant the bar is really good in terms of prices and has a large range of cocktails. However, the restaurant itself isn't up to much the food is pretty standard but a good choice, so i suppose it depends what you have.

Overall i wouldn't stay again because i feel they are quite dishonest however now you know my little car parking tip you should be okay!!

12  Thank lozm91
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights this week.It was a lovely place to stay. The staff were very friendly, helpful and always smiling. Our room was big, clean, quiet and very comfortable. The beds are so comfortable!

The breakfast was very good and worth the money. The waitress showed us to our table and asked if we preferred anything which wasn't on the help yourself breakfast bar. I asked for porridge and poached eggs, which came fresh from the kitchen and were delicious.

It is situated about 10 mins walk from the centre, across a little bridge, and about 5 mins from the station, which is handy.

We had a wonderful stay, and cannot find any fault at all. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We had a family room, which was bigger than most rooms.
1  Thank crissi36
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This was a stay for a birthday which was just for 1 night, close to train station which was a god send maybe 5 mins.We arrived early about half past 1pm and receptionist kindly allowed my partner and i to check into our room half an hour earlier. Payment and process swift and easy to follow. The room looked like it had just been redecorated and had a slight smell of paint but other than that very clean and modern. The heating system was a little tricky and took a while to kick in but by the time we returned from our long day it was lovely to come back to a toasty,cosy room. Even though we on the main street there was very little noise (mid week stay) We did not dine in the restaurant as we went into town to celebrate trying trukish food( amazing).Overall very welcoming staff and pleasant stay. I would like to commend the staff as I thought i had lost my pandora bracelet and it was kindly sent back( a cleaner found) to me.

1  Thank dizzid
Reviewed 17 November 2011

friendly profesional staff. very good location.Food ok.Bar prices a little steep.Rooms clean and modern.