“Ideal one Night Stay”

Premier Inn York City (Blossom St South) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Convenient position for York City Centre. Lovely clean comfortable room but very hot. Air con does not allow to set below 19 degrees and it was definitely a lot warmer than that in our room!
Apart from the heat at night everything was great. Beware car parking we parked up and paid in council car park and then found out the Premier Inn has a car park nearby that is cheaper (£8.50 for 24 hours) nearby in partnership with blossom street north. I don't think this was mentioned in the website info.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,034)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have stayed here many times over the last few years and it is always excellent. My most recent stay was in June 14, the room was medium size, it was very clean, comfortable and lovely and cool - the air con is excellent. The staff are very helpful and everything runs smoothly.

Room Tip: All the rooms I've stayed in have been fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've stayed here before but this time I enjoyed it more. I didn't hear any noise from outside of the room and the room itself was what you'd expect from Premier Inns. This time I had breakfast, which was a buffet so a little over-cooked, but good choice available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rotelharp
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Been to York 3 times and each time I have stayed here. I am a big fan of Premier Inn and as always the staff were very efficient and pleasant. The cleanliness of the rooms as usual was excellent and the big comfy bed was great. This location is very good as it is a 5 min walk from railway station and has a couple of car parks nearby. The Mickelgate is yards away and a 15 min walk takes you right into centre. The wifi was good quality and I know this sounds tight but it is about time Premier Inn took the £3 charge away. There are many other hotels who offer free wifi. I'll be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Great location. Clean room and friendly staff. Breakfast was good value and freshly cooked. Pity Premier don't have a mini fridge in rooms, this would be a great benifit in warm weather to keep water and soft drinks overnighr.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian A
Reviewed 20 June 2014

3 of us stayed in this hotel last week and I felt like i just HAD to review it, well, the staff!

The staff were so friendly and helpful. It was me, my mum and daughter and we'd booked a family room with a double bed and a single. No one wanted to share a bed so one of the staff set up the extra single for us. Housekeeping had already left so another member of staff did it.

We went to see science museum live at the theatre and my daughter got an empty plastic bottle from the canon she wanted to keep (yes, I know a bottle's a bottle but this one was "special"!). As we were walking round york all day, the receptionist checked the generic empty plastic bottle into left luggage with its own sticker and ID number. My daughter was happy, safe in the knowledge her bottle was safe!

We stated in family room 1. The view wasn't good (back of hotel and bins) but we had no problems with noise, the room was clean and what you expect from a premier inn. The beds were comfortable and all of us had a decent nights sleep.

I felt like i had to write this review as people are quick to complain but not so quick with complimenting!

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an extra bed if staying with family members who wouldn't usually share a bed with you!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank dilm99
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Another fantastic stay got our room two hours early, always clean staff fantastic.
Nothing is ever to much trouble however one young girl at breakfast sultry had to ask another staff member for our poached eggs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family