“Did the job well”

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in York
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Did the job well”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here for one Friday night whilst in York. Had expected to possibly be noisy but actually it was very quiet. Room was larger than expected and the bed very comfortable. The price paid was very reasonable too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Wigan
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed from Sunday to Wednesday early July with my boyfriend, absolutely gorgeous ! Bed was huge ! Clean beautiful bright room with a fan, which I can't live without at night ! Short walk into York, only criticism is that it cost £29 for parking for the stay.. Friendly helpful staff, room cleaned daily. Very highly recommend !

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dannib244
scotland
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here 28th August to 3rd September and were very impressed with the location extremely convenient for the train station, Our room was very comfortable with everything we needed apart from soap dispensers not working properly!But the service at breakfast we received every morning was exceptional and the food delicious.Especially enjoyed the open top bus tour, the dungeon tour and the wheel.Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to return soon. Highly Recommend this City break

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sheilsScotland
Manchester
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked for a party of 7 to stay overnight so that we could celebrate my son's graduation. Ages in the party ranged form 15 - 86 years, I booked 1 x family room plus 2 x twin rooms. It was the twin rooms that we were disappointed with.

I was sharing with my mother (the 86 year old member of our party) and so booked a twin room. In my view it is not unreasonable to book a room and be provided with 2 identical beds, in fact we were provided with 3 family rooms, 2 of which were for twin occupancy. This is great if all of the beds were the same but the second 'bed' was a sofa (not even a sofabed) with a mattress protector and sheet on, it was extremely hard and very uncomfortable.

If I had been advised that this is how the twin room are presented at this hotel I would not have made the booking.

I provided feedback to the member of staff on reception the following morning and she kindly offered to refund the cost of my room (the members of our party in the other twin room didn't have a brilliant nights sleep but managed to sleep ok), so this was appreciated.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you have a bad back as the second bed in the twin/family rooms are not conducive!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CityGirl64
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Good, clean, modern, efficient hotel with very helpful staff. In excellent location for exploring city centre and very near railway station. Arrived before check-in time and were able to leave our luggage which was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynne W
Holyhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

good central and easy to reach location. Limited car parking no drop off is a problem
Very complicated meal arrangement between the north and south hotels. Rather expensive for what it is I thinks it's the location that ups the price easy reach for shops and city centre and amenities

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a family room on the 3rd floor. We were able to park at the rear of the property though I would say that parking was limited considering the size of the south and north hotels. We were checked in quickly and efficiently and the breakfast option was offered though we didn't take it up. The room was spacious, clean and tidy and we had no complaints. Our nights sleep was comfortable, no noise and overall a very pleasant night.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family