“Family friendly!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The York Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #6 of 199 things to do in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: York Maze is an a-maizing day out for the whole family. The attraction is based around a giant maze, made from maize plants. We open during the school summer holidays,to give families an amazing day out. With over 20 different rides and attractions, the kids will be kept busy for the whole day! York Maze also runs halloween events for families in the daytime, and teenagers and adults at night during the Halloween half term. We finish the year with a huge firework spectacular set to music, on November the 5th every year. When we are not open to the public, we host weddings in our beautiful barn comlex. It's the perfect setting for a rustic wedding!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Filey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family friendly!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

It was so interesting my auntie, my mum, my cousins and I loved it. They did talks about the birds of prey its picnic perfect even the teens loved it. It's defiantly worth the money especially the treat in the middle of the maze.

Visited September 2013

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Simply Amazing.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We spend a lot of time over the Summer in York and having visited the Maze last year for the first time, I was one of the first in the queue to buy a season pass this year! I can honestly say, it has been my saviour in the School holidays.....
My children (Amelia aged 6 and Roman 3) adore it and never tire of the sand and water play. I have spent many an hour there this summer with my book and a coffee just watching them delight in good old fashioned outdoor water play.
The staff are without doubt, some of the best I have EVER encountered at a family venue and are polite, approachable, engaging and genuinely good fun. Amelia had an accident on then cobstacle course and the first aid she received was brilliant and the stickers and sweeties in the First Aid box are a definite hit and demonstrate the 'family approach' Farmer Tom and his team take to the experience.
All attractions are great fun, the House of Confusion is brilliant and Crowmania legendary in
our house.
On seeing the huge haystack for the first time, I did ponder as to the purpose, but having spent many hours climbing, jumping and posing on it, I get it!
The food is fab and we always enjoy whatever we have and I have not experienced any significant wait time on any visit.
I have wholeheartedly recommended to Maze to all my friends and none have been disappointed. It is just a great family fun day out, primarily focused around play and there is no such thing as inappropriate weather, only inappropriate clothing, so wellies and rain mac have at times been required!
We have yet to do 'the Maze' so I guess this is great testament to the fact that it is so much more than just a maze.......
Great job by all involved, see you at weekend (again!).

Cleethorpes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great value for money!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I visited the maze today with my 2 children age 5 & 6 and I was really impressed with how much there was for them to do. The different names were do much fun as was the tractor ride. The slides and playground were very child friendly-we spent 6 hours in the place and could've stayed longer!!

We took a picnic as we had read that the food wasn't that impressive. However from what we saw in the cafe food was very well priced and looked excellent. There were plenty of places to eat your picnic/own food outdoor & indoor and staff didn't mind if you are your own food in their restaurant area.

Staff we're extremely friendly and couldn't do enough to help.

The grounds were very clean and well maintained.

I will definately be visiting next year however I'll be making dyed we get there as soon as it opens to maximise the time in this grounds.

1 Thank Jayne314
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Great day out for all the family.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

A lovely family day out. Took children age 9, 5 and 1 and there were lots for them all to enjoy.
Not a particularly large area to cover so appeared quite busy during the school holidays but the queues were reasonable and all of the staff were friendly and very helpful.
The 1 year old was very excited to see the massive sandpit but disappointed that there was nothing to dig with. Next time we will be taking buckets and spades.
A full day out, worth the entrance price. Will definitely go back again.

“What a great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I'm not one for writing reviews but I had to do it based on my family's day out.
It was a great day, plenty to do - even when the weather was against us, the maze would be brilliant with good weather, but even if not there is still plenty to do.
The staff ......... well they are just amazing, best I have ever seen, polite, friendly, helpful, down to earth - all probably under 25 but just great.
Suggest you take your own food, plenty of seating and tables (many even under cover if the weather is bad) - prices are a bit on the high side (like any other attraction).
Just a great day and will be back next year - only open for 12 weeks a year, but a different maze each year, its interesting, fun and good value for money.