“Money well spent”

York Maze
Ranked #11 of 214 things to do in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: York Maze is an a-maizing day out for the whole family. The attraction is based around a giant maze, made from maize plants. We open during the school summer holidays,to give families an amazing day out. With over 20 different rides and attractions, the kids will be kept busy for the whole day! York Maze also runs Halloween events for families in the daytime, and teenagers and adults at night during the Halloween half term. We finish the year with a huge firework spectacular set to music, on November the 5th every year. When we are not open to the public, we host weddings in our beautiful barn complex. It's the perfect setting for a rustic wedding!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 27 October 2014

Came here on Saturday 25th October as a treat for my 6 yr old daughters birthday along with her 2 yr old sister and their dad. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and went home completely exhausted after a jam packed busy day, plenty to do for all ages, will be back in summer 2015 for sure!!

1  Thank Stacey W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,964)
All reviews
"remote control boats"
in 21 reviews
"pumpkin carving"
in 20 reviews
"plenty of picnic tables"
"sand play"
in 79 reviews
"great fun"
in 130 reviews

Reviewed 26 October 2014

I experienced York Maze for the first time during their hallowee'en event. The large maize field had been harvested (But I was aware of this before travelling), so the event was geared up to hallowe'en with a lot of themed events and shows. As a family day out for familes with young children, I have to say it was very good. Maybe not so for adults alone, or older kids. However, the presentation was excellent. The panto was extremely good too. The staff all seem to want to please and work very hard to do so. When the event closed for the day, many of the staff lined up to wave a very cherery goodbye to everyone, a nice touch. I'm not sure, but I reckon theirs a bit of the 'Disney' park philosophy practiced here and it works well. The only downside was that I felt it was expensive to enter, but having said that, the money seems to be reinvested in keeping quality high, so yes it is worth it. I can imagine this place gets very crowded in summer. As a family though, we are raving about our lovely day out, so well done to the staff a York Maze, for making our day.

1  Thank stevo2908
Reviewed 26 October 2014

Came here shortly after the maze opened and had a brilliant time with two teenage boys. This time there was no maze but six of us, with kids aged from 8 to 16 and everyone had a wonderful time - despite the main attraction! It's a lovely, relaxing place to visit and all the staff seem happy, relaxed and friendly. The Phantomime and the Ghostmania Ride called on the staff to display their acting talents and they didn't disappoint. Their tongues were firmly in their cheeks and it was all the more enjoyable for the adults for this reason. At about £10 each it represented amazing value for money - all the kids got a pumpkin and got to carve it up for Haloween. We also got to hold an albino hedgehog, a boa constrictor and an eagle owl. There were at least two new attractions since the summer, both maze themed and thoroughly good fun for all ages. The food is good quality and reasonably priced, plus there is a huge marquee for those with picnics. We only had five hours there and it just wasn't long enough. I'd go back again tomorrow!!

Reviewed 26 October 2014

I visited this event last night as part of a group. Out of 8 of us I only knew 1 person, by the end of the night we were all friends!!
This is a fantastic event and well worth the £20 ticket price. The 5 'shows' are extremely well planned and executed (pardon the pun), the actors are amazing and the location is spot on. I will be visiting again with another group of friends.
I can't say too much more - you need to visit!!