“Family fun!!!”

York Maze
Ranked #11 of 214 things to do in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: York Maze is an a-maizing day out for the whole family. The attraction is based around a giant maze, made from maize plants. We open during the school summer holidays,to give families an amazing day out. With over 20 different rides and attractions, the kids will be kept busy for the whole day! York Maze also runs Halloween events for families in the daytime, and teenagers and adults at night during the Halloween half term. We finish the year with a huge firework spectacular set to music, on November the 5th every year. When we are not open to the public, we host weddings in our beautiful barn complex. It's the perfect setting for a rustic wedding!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 31 October 2014 via mobile

We went to the Maze on 30/10/14 I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to it! What a pleasant surprise! From a tractor ride to pumpkin sling shot! Everything is well thought out and very well managed and even though it was packed it was set up so you had plenty of space to move about. Would definately recommend a visit and we look forward to returning in the summer to see the full size maze!!!! Thanks!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,967)
All reviews
"remote control boats"
in 21 reviews
"pumpkin carving"
in 20 reviews
"plenty of picnic tables"
"sand play"
in 79 reviews
"great fun"
in 130 reviews

Reviewed 31 October 2014

First a tip - buy your tickets on line as they are cheaper that way .

Plenty of free car parking on arrival .

This attraction has two particular plus points over other attractions - the first is that you can take your dog there and the second is that you can take your own food and eat under cover without charge . Although I am not sure every dog would enjoy the crowds !

There are plenty of attractions there and a surprise one that was really enjoyed by both young and old in the party was the panto - very funny with very energetic and capable actors .

There are both outdoor and indoor attractions albeit the outdoor outnumber the indoor .

Please read the sites website to view both the facilities and the attractions as it will give you a very good idea of how much there is to see and do .

Special mentions goes to how clean the toilets were on a very busy day .

Highly recommended for all the family .

Although you get given a free map for the site showing the layout and the attractions a few sign posts as well would be really helpful ( said a non map reader in our party ! ) .

Reviewed 31 October 2014

It was my first time at Hallowscream. I am only 15 and I would recommend it to anyone who is able to go. It was one of the best nights I have ever had.

1  Thank George N
Reviewed 30 October 2014 via mobile

First time at York Maze for the Hallowscream event. I really enjoyed the different attractions put on at York Maze and have to admit they were all very scary and made me jump. I think at one point a little bit of poo went down my leg. The highlight was the corn field running away from the escaped warewolf. At one point I actually forgot where we were and was taken up trying to run away. The downside was the size of the queue having paid a massive £18 each for the even I didn't expect to queue for 40 minutes for each attraction. We only managed to get around three of them. Also there was a break area to go and get a drink which was ok but even then the annoying actors wearing clown costumes wouldn't leave you alone. Anyway overall it was good just alot of money to queue most of the evening.