“Great day for all the family”
Review of York Maze

York Maze
Ranked #11 of 214 things to do in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: York Maze is an a-maizing day out for the whole family. The attraction is based around a giant maze, made from maize plants. We open during the school summer holidays,to give families an amazing day out. With over 20 different rides and attractions, the kids will be kept busy for the whole day! York Maze also runs Halloween events for families in the daytime, and teenagers and adults at night during the Halloween half term. We finish the year with a huge firework spectacular set to music, on November the 5th every year. When we are not open to the public, we host weddings in our beautiful barn complex. It's the perfect setting for a rustic wedding!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 November 2014

First visit, decided to make the journey from Hartlepool for the Halloween event. Brought along my 11 year old son and 22 month old son on the 31 October.
I paid online a few days before and saved about £1 per ticket (the little one was free with him being under 3). In total I paid £20. Good thing about that was our visit didn't have to be date specific, we had a window fora out
To be honest I wasn't expecting that much, it is hard to keep both my boys entertained due to the huge age gap but credit where credit's due, there was something for both of them and we all absolutely loved it.
We were there for four and half hours and still didn't do everything that was on offer as we had to rush home for trick or treating.
Both the boys were entertained throughout the day, highlight for me being house of cornfusion - fantastic and totally beyond my expectations.
£20 to keep both my boys entertained for the day is fantastic value for money and I cannot wait to return for our first summer visit in 2015.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,964)
All reviews
"remote control boats"
in 21 reviews
"pumpkin carving"
in 20 reviews
"plenty of picnic tables"
"sand play"
in 79 reviews
"great fun"
in 130 reviews

Reviewed 1 November 2014

There was so much to do we were there from early morning until almost closing time. Fantastic value for money I would recommend anyone with children to go here

Reviewed 1 November 2014

halloween night,31 oct 2014. arrived at the large car park about 7pm, plenty of spaces. we went through the gates to the entrance and the halloween atmosphere began. there are 5 attractions plus, a bar,hot food and cafe. all I can say is really entertaining from start to finish. no expense spared on costumes,props and attractions. the 'zombies' are excellent inside and outside the attractions. they walk amongst you whilst queing. if you want a scream and a laugh this is highly recommended.we'll be back!

Reviewed 31 October 2014 via mobile

We went to the Maze on 30/10/14 I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to it! What a pleasant surprise! From a tractor ride to pumpkin sling shot! Everything is well thought out and very well managed and even though it was packed it was set up so you had plenty of space to move about. Would definately recommend a visit and we look forward to returning in the summer to see the full size maze!!!! Thanks!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 October 2014

First a tip - buy your tickets on line as they are cheaper that way .

Plenty of free car parking on arrival .

This attraction has two particular plus points over other attractions - the first is that you can take your dog there and the second is that you can take your own food and eat under cover without charge . Although I am not sure every dog would enjoy the crowds !

There are plenty of attractions there and a surprise one that was really enjoyed by both young and old in the party was the panto - very funny with very energetic and capable actors .

There are both outdoor and indoor attractions albeit the outdoor outnumber the indoor .

Please read the sites website to view both the facilities and the attractions as it will give you a very good idea of how much there is to see and do .

Special mentions goes to how clean the toilets were on a very busy day .

Highly recommended for all the family .

Although you get given a free map for the site showing the layout and the attractions a few sign posts as well would be really helpful ( said a non map reader in our party ! ) .