“Been every year! Best for halloween!”
Review of York Maze

York Maze
Ranked #11 of 214 things to do in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: York Maze is an a-maizing day out for the whole family. The attraction is based around a giant maze, made from maize plants. We open during the school summer holidays,to give families an amazing day out. With over 20 different rides and attractions, the kids will be kept busy for the whole day! York Maze also runs Halloween events for families in the daytime, and teenagers and adults at night during the Halloween half term. We finish the year with a huge firework spectacular set to music, on November the 5th every year. When we are not open to the public, we host weddings in our beautiful barn complex. It's the perfect setting for a rustic wedding!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 March 2015 via mobile

Live close by but go every year for the halloween event. Well worth the trip, and even for normal days. Lots more than just a maze.

1  Thank lecky243
Write a ReviewReviews (1,964)
All reviews
"remote control boats"
in 21 reviews
"pumpkin carving"
in 20 reviews
"plenty of picnic tables"
"sand play"
in 79 reviews
"great fun"
in 130 reviews

Reviewed 27 February 2015

I visit the maze every year with my son (now 6) and we have a great day each time. There's plenty to do to keep kids entertained for the day. Maze is great and not too tricky to navigate around. I always take a picnic as the food on site is a bit pricey.

I'm not sure what people expect after reading the more negative reviews. If you don't mind getting stuck in with the kids and throwing yourself round the inflatable obstacle course, having a water tight with the crows or playing in the sand, then i guarantee you will have a great day

1  Thank Alexis S
Reviewed 26 February 2015 via mobile

My husband and I took our granddaughters they were so busy looking at all the clues that are around the maze the cafe is excellent too.a good family day out .

1  Thank Lorraine B
Reviewed 23 February 2015

Spend the day. take a picnic, or eat in, the grand children the eldest 15, can run around in safety, go on the many attractions and you can just sit back and watch! the tractor ride is great but be prepared to get wet, the kids loved the water balloon fights, Well worth a visit

2  Thank maria l
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2015

Although I felt that the admission fees were expensive, it was most certainly worth it. I took my son and grandson and there were plenty of things to keep you occupied all day along with a variety of food to purchase and lots of picnic tables should you take your own food. I would certainly recommend this for families, but would take a picnic to keep the price down.

2  Thank Queenmoth