Book In Advance

• Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around York
from US$53.79
The York Dungeon
30 Reviews
from US$17.48
from US$17.41
from US$20.17
2,230 results
All reviews pig racing tractor ride bouncy pillow crow mania crazy golf quad bikes fun house halloween event inflatable obstacle course plenty of picnic tables all ages great family day great fun value for money sand pit other attractions family ticket
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

The whole experience was very good and very detailed! It was spooky and jumpy from start to finish.
What wasn't as good, and I would say very disappointing was the bus travel.
It left early on the way there, so we missed it and on the way back after we got on the bus, it left early as well so who knows how many people missed it.
To say we spent £5 on bus tickets, I am annoyed at having to spend an extra £15 on a taxi to the event.

Overall, the event was amazing and would recommend. However, find your own transport there, do not take the offered bus for £5.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

This was a much better day out than anticipated. I didn't expect there to be so much to do there. The maze is massive, so much bigger than we thought it would be. We really enjoyed the House of Confusion and the Maze of Illusion( a much smaller maze than the main one). There are tube slides which are suitable for both children and adults! And we really enjoyed watching the pig racing, an event which has been made more fun by adding corny jokes and having a driver they have named the "Spig".

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Just visited today for the Halloween event. Paid on the door which was 12.50/adult and 11.50 for a 5 year old child. Was somewhat put out then to be asked to pay an extra 90p for a pen to complete the various quiz sheets. Optional purchase I know.

Once inside there was plenty to do, the Pantomime was entertaining, the maze was good and the tractor ride great fun. Not sure who wrote all the jokes/gags/puns though which were mostly side-splittingly bad. Kids liked them though.

Hot food was a bit pricey but decent quality. We didn't visit all the exhibits as we ran out of time / energy. Would return though in future years for this or maybe other events.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

We visited York Maze during the summer holidays. We had a really good day out, whilst the actual maze didn't take too long to complete - there were plenty of other activities to keep my two boys happy for a full day. If you are planning on spending all day, I would recommend a packed lunch otherwise it could become quite expensive when you eat out all day. We ate here and the food was really good value, but for a family of 4 it soon adds up when you add snacks and drinks into it. If the weather is good and dry you will struggle to find a better value for money day out. Well worth a visit and we would return too.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Visited during the Halloween period, the maze was tiny as expected due tue the big one being cut down for next year, it was mostly let down by the people of York, I know I shouldn't base a review around the people that go but I partly am due to it being based a lot around people that are there.

There was people stealing the corn from the small maze, ignorant people on the mini golf trying to push in, people stealing the 3D pictures from the illusion mazes which was disgusting in all fairness.

Food was extortionately priced.

The best part of the visit was the crazy house, filled with optical illusions and it really did put a smile on your face, very impressed with it.

Go with children, they'll absolutely adore this place.

3  Thank BigDaves15