“Very Basic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Jack's En-Suite Rooms
Ranked #183 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Don't get too excited about this place......very dated....!
Also it is not a b&b we thought we were getting breakfast!!!!!! :(
Went to the little cafe next door called the Nook....lovely little place very friendly and the food was very nice.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at Jacks last week - what a lovely place, nice rooms with tea/coffee/hot chocolate etc., also a biscuit on arrival - rooms ensuite were lovely - Jan most informative of where to go in York would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank colbirds
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My family recently stayed at Jack's as part of a visit to York and were extremely impressed by the size and quality of the rooms and by the price of the stay.

Jack's is located extremely centrally - literally round the corner from the Jorvik Viking Centre, the York Dungeons and Cliffords Tower, and only a few minutes walk from the other tourist attractions in York. Despite being in central York the prices for the rooms are extremely reasonable - much cheaper than the chain hotels and other nearby independent hotels, and there is very little of the usual noise that you get with most city centre accommodation.

The rooms were large, clean and cosy and had everything you would expect from a family-run business. The owners, Jan and Janette were both extremely welcoming and friendly and were able to give advice on places to eat out and visit and were more than accommodating in ensuring that the whole family had everything they needed.

While Jack's only provides en-suite accommodation but not meals,it is surrounded by a range of fantastic places to eat for every meal of the day, from a bacon buttie for breakfast to a three course evening meal.

The family really enjoyed their stay and can't recommend it enough. The only down side is that there are only a couple of rooms, so if you are planning a visit during a busy time of the year you need to book fast before they are snapped up. We've already booked for the next family visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank evilsmoothie
Reviewed 17 June 2014

looked at a few places for a room on a Saturday night finally found here.staff were really helpful and friendly would stay here again, for being in the centre off the city the room was quiet even with the window open.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here last summer for 1 night for a birthday and was ideal.took us seconds to get back to our room after the pub! Breakfast was lovely rooms did the job for just sleeping over for the night and were clean enough,the lady that I booked thru and spoke to was very helpful and I was able to contact her before my stay and while I was trying to find the B and B!she was very welcoming and made sure I would have everything I would need and helped me find the place!:) very lovely lady!would stay here again,just tried booking for a night next weekend but you're booked up!hope the place we have booked instead is as friendly!:)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just got back from here, me n my daughter went last minute for my birthday. I really think the other reviewers are talking about a different place! It's only accommodation now not bed and breakfast. The rooms smelled funny (there was damp), there was hairs and stains on the sheets, and cos the windows weren't double-glazed I didn't get much sleep cos of the Saturday night revellers outside! Oh, yeah and one of the two windows rattled every ten minutes during the night. Have I mentioned the fact that it was above a rowdy pub. I won't be going back there and wouldn't recommend anyone else to either..thank god it was only one night I'm shattered. Wish I could've got the 70 pounds back that we paid!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lesley R
curls123, Owner at Jack's En-Suite Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Cannot understand this review at all - although the building dates back to 1730 there is absolutely no damp - the room in question is situated at the front of the building on the third floor - the pub - which is next door closes at 12 midnight - the noise must have been visitors to York which I agree can be sometimes rowdy - but that is typical of city centres these days.

The bedding was, as always freshly laundered and made the morning of guests arrival as is the norm!! sorry if the window rattled it must have been very windy!!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have just come back from our night in York for my hubby's birthday. We came across this place after spending ages trying to find a room,it was the Yorkshire food and drinks festival. What a find, the staff were super friendly, the room very nice, clean and a very comfy bed. There was tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits too.
Brilliantly placed with it being 5 minutes walk from the centre of York, and surprisingly not too noisy. This morning we had a very good breakfast, freshly cooked. Nothing too much trouble. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple