“Where to have a relaxing and 'no-worries' York experience”

Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 12 May 2011

A great experence from start to finish. The centre of the City situation was ideal and only a hop and a skip from the station. The staff were excellent - there, but not there; helpful, willing and what is more, smiling and they all seemed genuinely happy in their work which is not always the case in some hotels. The room was spacious and very well appointed - the only criticism would be that it looked over a flat roof inhabited by rather too many pigeons - I think I am now an authority on their behaviour (not pleasant - pigeon breast on the menu will now be quite a turn-off!) .
We enjoyed a delicious meal in the restaurant on the first night - very relaxing and the breakfasts were, I think, the 2nd best ever eaten (the 1st being in Tasmania so no competition there). We would certainly return and hope to do so next year and would definitely recommend the Hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed 29 April 2011

Situated just across the road from the Minster, this hotel has to be in one of the best locations in the City of York.
Well appointed, the food is excellent and the service fantastic. All staff were exceptionally helpful, even to the extent of them retrieving my mobile phone from my car after it had been moved to their off-site parking.
There is a small bar which has real ale, cocktails and a very good selection of wine.
While the small rooms are quite small, they are well laid out with sufficient space - and when visiting the likes of York who wants to spend all their time in a hotel room?
In all, we thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay and will happily return to the same hotel on our next visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2011

The Dean is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Normally a bit out of my price bracket for an overnight city stopover but the hotel offered me an attractive rate by phone and as I only had a short time in York..what a great choice it was. right opposite York Minster. so close to all the sites..excellent service from a quick and efficient check in; valet parking (12.50£ per day but difficult and expensive to park in York elsewhere), really nicely furnished and spacious room with everything you need, to excellent front desk staff. If I had a small criticism of the hotel I would say that the breakfast although quite good did not really match up to the excellent standard of the hotel..a little disappointing but not enough to spoil my stay. No hesitation to recommend the Dean Court for a stay in York. Great hotel. Location, facilities and service.....

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with my partner over Easter Bank Holiday to visit family. We were allocated to room 52, I think?, on the 3rd floor with a view of the minster, large room annd was very clean. Loved the nice touch of a easter egg in the room as a gift from the hotel. Service in the restaurant and bar were excellent, breakfast was beautiful and very filling! Only negative I have like others is that the room was extremely hot, even with a fan it was too much. Would I stay here again, yes I would as the service was great and the location is ideal, close to shops, sights and everything York has to offer!

Reviewed 28 April 2011

My Mum sister and I stay here every year, the same weekend, so a Christmas shopping/eating/drinking and generally being merry trip.

York is one of my favourite places in the world, and the Dean Court is one of my favourite places there. Fabulous service from the minute you check in, great attention at breakfast (dinner reviewed seperately), and absolutley amazing views of the Minster - highly recommend. We would only stay somewhere else if the Dean Court didn't exist!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Minster!
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2011

There is really nothing wrong with this hotel that lots of cash cannot correct. It needs a rebuild badlly. It has different corridors that are joined by fire doors likely the result of several old buildings being joined together to form a hotel. On our floor I remember that we passed through at least 4 or maybe more doors to get to our rooms that was maybe 50 feet away from the lift. Each door had several layers of paint that were damaged or beginning to peel. Overall the impression was rather dated and shabby. Once we did get to the room the beds were nice and the duvet were great.
Breakfast was OK but the cheese on the Eggs Benedict was horrible.
I am amazed that this hotel was voted the number 1 hotel in York.

1  Thank Langley_traveler_11
Reviewed 26 April 2011

After many years of intending to stay here we eventually got round to it and spent Easter Monday there as a surprise treat for my husband. The hotel certainly lived up to our expectations and can honestly say everything about the hotel was just perfect. Staff all very polite, efficient and friendly without being over the top. We had a beautiful, large room with a view of the Minster and the lovely breakfast was cooked to order. After check out we were able to leave our case in the hotel to give us time for another few hours wandering around the city before finally returning and having the car delivered back to us. That sadly meant we had to leave but we will be back and next time for longer than one night. Thank you to all the staff.