“Perfect location”

Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We have just returned from 2 nights at Dean Court.

The location is excellent, bang opposite the Minster and 5 minutes walk to The Shambles and all main shops.

On arrival, all we had to do was leave our car outside, next thing we knew our car had been valet parked, and the bags in our room waiting for us!

We had a fantastic room (no 17) which overlooked the Minster and had a four-poster bed with lounge area etc

The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful! The breakfast was superb, freshly cooked, hot and lots of choice.

Me and my partner would not hesitate to stay here again on every visit to York!

• Stayed: October 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,673)

Reviewed 30 September 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Dean Court last November. We had a twin room on the front of the hotel it was fabulous the view of the minster where wonderful. The hotel is well situated for any of the many attractions in York. The facilities where also good, giving us a good supply of hot drinks and biscuits.
We had our tea in the bistro bar which was also very good (little expensive but that was to be expected for a city), The staff where polite and curtious and nothing was too much of a problem.
The Breakfast was also very well stocked and I didn not feel I had been robbed lol.
All in all I would recomend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit York for a few days. Infact we recently got our parents to book for a few days to celebrate there ruby wedding.
I look forward to the time I will go again. My sister organised our trip and for an over night stay and travelling from derbyshire on train it cost approx £80. This was because we picked sunday into Monday. So even for a small budget it is accessable (ive a very small budget)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel is in a wonderful location for visiting York. Within walking distance of the rail station, York Minster and shops and restaurants.
Very friendly and helpful staff, and willing to go the extra mile to make our stay great.
Room small but adequate.
Breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OMB7939
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed with my mother at the Dean Court on 20th September. The location is excellent, opposite York Minister and a few minutes walk to the centre of York. The room was ideal. Although we had booked for a twin room we were given a "family" room with separate bedrooms and a bathroom in between affording us space and privacy. We had a meal in the restaurant that night. The food was very good, well cooked and the service was prompt, efficient and polite. In fact, the staff we came into contact with throughout the hotel were friendly, polite and helpful. The breakfast was very nice, made fresh to order and served piping hot. All in all, a wonderful hotel which I would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank merlin118
Reviewed 22 September 2012

stayed at dean court on 19th sept. Great location. Check-in quick and efficient and car parking was via valet service. I was taken to my room (12) and surprised how small it was. I have travelled with work for quite a while and cannot recall ever having a single bed and the smallest room for as long as I can remember. For >£100 per night I would have expected more-Still tea/coffee facilities were present and the bathroom was fine. So ok for 1 night. Good choice for breakfast (full english or simple fruit or cereal. Staff from reception to the bar and breakfast were courteous. Would I stay again....yes, but, I would ask for a different room.

Room Tip: rooms on the front can be noisy at night
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

First thing to say about this hotel is its great location. Only a 5 min walk past the minster to the centre of York. We were upgraded upon arrival which was nice. Lovely big room and overall a nice stay. I've read the comments on the breakfast and expected better. We had a cooked to order full English which was average at best - Not hot and I've had better buffet breakfasts at Travelode/Premier Inn.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Right across the street from York Minster cathedral, Dean Court Hotel could not be better located for a tourist visit to York. It is also a very comfortable place to stay: luxurious rooms, excellent service and a first-class restaurant (DCH). An excellent breakfast from an extensive menu was part of the rate we paid: not only a pleasure, it was also a fine start to a day's sight seeing. It is not a bargain but as a splurge, it definitely gives full value for money. My wife and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends