Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
US$127
Middletons York(York)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$114
Travelocity
US$209
1,753 results
All reviewsyork minstertaxi rankkedgereedch restaurantvalet parking isminster bellsperfect locationlovely hoteleggs benedictkippersno air conditioningbreakfast was excellentvisiting yorkthird floorbooked this hotelsmall roomfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This hotel is located right by the Minster, we had been to York before and stayed at the Hilton, this is by far superior, more friendly service, great room and nicer location. Car Parking is not a problem, as they valet it for you. Went to the Hilton, park it on here but you will have to move it.

Breakfast was OK, first day I asked for Egg and Fried bread, which was a bit small, but the next morning, two eggs and Fried bread a go go. Really good service.

Cannot fault it, my wife and I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff T
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at the Deans Court Hotel for two nights during a short visit to York and was pleased with everything.
I got to York by train and it was a short walk to the hotel. I walked in at about 11am and they registered me and took my bags. Off I went for lunch and a walking tour with a volunteer group. When I got back my bag had been carried UP the stairs to my room. Thanks.
The room was up a couple of short flights of stairs but that was ok. Nice size and very comfortable with a large bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the room spotless. Even with the window open it was quiet.
One of the great things about the hotel is the location! I have read both of Ken Follett's books about building a cathedral and wanted to really spend time around the York Minster. Well, you can't be any closer! The hotel is also on the edge of the center of old York with its narrow winding streets.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank dp122800
Reviewed 31 May 2013

One night as a surprise wedding anniversary - in a word 'Perfect!'
If i was lucky enough to live in york i could not want for more than to own room 61 ! Exquisite tasteful decour and furnishing, sumptuous luxury, the absolute perfect blend of classic timeless elegant style and contemporary modern style. The Hotel itself is perfectly located at the end of Petersgate just a few paces away from the start of old york shops fabulous passages of discovery and all its fabulous array of small cafes and eateries and coffee houses, literally around the corner from Theatre Royal, a short stroll to the parks and river ouse, and last but by very means not least at the very foot of the impressive Minster itself. Room 61 has the perfect view of the West Front and towers, and between 8am and 7pm the idyllic place to just sit and soak up the view and listen to the bells.
From the moment we stepped up into the lobby we were met by welcoming personal friendly staff and suprisingly contemporary, light and stylish surroundings from this fully modernised but historical building. Spotlessly clean. We were given a quick tour and shown to our rooms within moments of arriving, and our car was effortlessly taken away and parked for us in the nearby secure carpark - a huge bonus in york where parking can be a real premium and i imagine a real pain if you are not local and unfamiliar as we were! We didnt eat in the restaurant bar or bistro as york itself has so much to offer and discover, but did treat ourselves to room service breakfast, which like everything else had every attention to detail and pride, the food including toast was fabulously hot and totally fresh, with cutlery wrapped in cotton napkins and butter in cermaic ramkin dishes.
We only stayed one night sadly, but had our stay been longer i doubt we would of wanted for a thing they had not already anticapted - luxurious towels, ample pillows, robes, a well stocked bathroom, flat screen tv, dvd (with films available to hire if wanted) fridge stocked with 2 courtsey bottles of fresh bottled water, even a cafetiere and filter coffee, in addition to a very generous biscuits and hot drinks basket .
On arrival we were met with a bowl of fresh fruit in our room, and as a personal touch a hand signed Anniversary card from the hotel, and beautifully arranged bouquet of flowers organised by them from a local florist at a very reasonable small extra cost at the time of booking.
We would hesitate to recommend Dean Court to any of our friends however ...when you find a gem as good as this the temptation is always there to keep it a best kept secret ;)

Room Tip: before booking on line i emailed and stated what i was looking for from stay - they replied swiflty and courteously and suggested the perfect room. Very helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I chose this hotel primarily on location. Excellent situation opposite York Minster. One has to pay for secure parking but the view is worth the small extra charge. It is also handy for popping back to unload shopping or take a quick break between sightseeing.
The staff are excellent, really pleasant which is unusual for a chain hotel; a most welcome change to be treated as a human being as opposed to a 'head on bed'. I stayed in a small double ideal for me on my own. However if you do visit as a couple you will need the standard double. The room has comprehensive facilities including an ironing board.
Excellent breakfast . I ate in the dining room one night which was very good and had lunch in their bar area which was fine. I have also stayed at Monks Bar which also has excellent staff but this has that added bit of luxury. I thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Negotiate rates with the hotel direct not Best Western central reservations.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank admiral28
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I heard about this hotel from a friend who said the location couldnt be beaten and she was right! I treated my husband to a romantic night away for our anniversary and was not disappointed. I did find the parking charges expensive, but I suppose it is city centre and i love thet fact they take the car to the car park for you. We ate in the restaurant- fab service. Reception were really helpful too!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple