“Okay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Okay”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Travelling with husband and 4 yr old daugher and the room was spacious enough for the 3 of us. Hotel is okay for the Novotel standards and the breakfast was very good. It takes 10 mins from the hotel to the centre where all the interesting sites are. I would recommend it but I would check price comparison with other hotel in the other part of town.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Good morning. Just a few words to thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We wish you a great summer and hope to see you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Christophe Ughetto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

hi stayed at this hotel last october and we thought it was great room was clean and roomy the room safe was a great touch and the mini bar for that late night choc craving it is about a 10 min walk into the town but if you walk along the river it is a pleasent stroll we are revisting this hotel this friday and was just checking reviews to see if it was as good still and am pleased to see that is so carnt wait for friday to arrive .

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Good afternoon. We are looking forward to welcoming you this Friday and I hope you will have another enjoyable experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require anything else before your arrival.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We were expecting a basic Novotel when we booked this for a weekend away in York, but we were incrediblly shocked on arrival as this hotel is just wonderful! Lovely clean rooms, bar, restaurant. The staff were extremely kind, friendly and helpful and always smiling. The buffet breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. We will definately be staying here again! If i had any complaint at all, it would be that there was no bath in the room.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Princesskate270
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
Good morning, Thank you for your comments. We are all very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Please contact me directly on Christophe.Ughetto@accor.com when you next want to stay and I will guarantee a room with a bath. Thank you once again.

Michigan
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This hotel is reasonably priced, clean, and close to York's sights. We had no problems with our stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and pleasant. We walked from the train station, which was a bit of a hike with luggage.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Good morning and Thank you for your comments. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us on your next visit and we will organise for a taxi to pick you up at the station.

With kind regards,

Middlesbrough
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at this hotel and really enjoyed our stay.
The positives:
The hotel is a 10 minute walk into York City centre.
The room was very spacious and neautrally decorated.
Nice bathroom with large bath and good shower.
Attentive Staff.
The Negatives:
Expensive breakfast breakast should be included in the price of the room and be more modestly priced for what you get.
No Air Con in the room.

All in all a good hotel I would reccommend

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Good morning and thank you for your comments. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

London
Reviewed 9 June 2011

My Colleague and I travelled here on Business and we enjoyed our stay. It must be said we did only stop for 1 night but it was good nonetheless

Firstly the location is pretty close to the scenic centre of York [ Its a short cab ride from York station ] Check-in was efficient and my room comfortable & well-equipped.

Secondly I thought the staff were friendly and helpful. We were given a map and directions towards the town centre along with some recommendations for dinner. Its a short ,pleasant walk along the River to the town centre

I never ate in the Hotel but we did have a drink in the Bar - which was also a fine spot for a nightcap

York can probably get quite expensive - the rate I had at the Novotel was half that quoted for the Hilton - so I would have no problem in staying here again

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank trwilbury
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
Good morning. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment following your recent stay with us at the Novotel York. I am glad to read you had an enhoyable time with us and am certainly looking forward to welcoming you back. With kind regards, Christophe Ughetto
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Rooms were comfortably furnished with no view. No a/c meant that our room was uncomfortably hot for the duration of our stay in spite of the fan which was supplied. Had booked an executive room with free wifi only to discover that I had misread/misunderstood and there was internet access but only if you brought your own computer not wifi for the phone. Executive room no nicer than the other room we had booked.
Staff were very pleasant.
Breakfast was poor,quality of bacon and cooking of eggs particularly. Had stayed previous night in a premier inn where the breakfast was cooked to order at half the price and excellent. Neither tea nor coffee were hot enough.In view of this accommodation costing twice the price of Premier Inn it turned out to be poor value.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Good morning. First I would like to apologize for the shortfall in the quality of service you experienced on this occasion. I have noted all your points and have shared them with all departments involved. I can assure you that we will take appropriate measures to remedy to these issues. I would like also to thank you for letting me know about your stay as it gives us a chance to improve on our offerings. I hope we will have the opportunity to have another chance to better serve you in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me on Christophe.Ughetto@accor.com and I will be pleased to assist you further.