Novotel York Centre
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$95
  • Pool
US$201
US$162
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$100
Park Inn
US$129
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Room Service
US$287
US$167
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$201
US$185
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$86
Orbitz.com
2,653 results
All reviewsswimming poolx boxseparate toiletexecutive roomsofa bedcar parkhalf termreception areagood sizeper dayreception staffoverlooking the rivercoffee machinecastle museumclifford's toweryork centrewalk into town
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights on the last leg of a tour around north England. I travelled with my husband and two kids (6 & 3). We had stayed in the hotel 4 years ago and had thoroughly enjoyed it and were looking forward to our stay. However, we found the following:
1. A very cloudy swimming pool. So cloudy you couldn't see when swimming under water
2. Pool water full of hair
3. Step off pool ladder hanging off. It broke when my husband stood on it leaving a twist sharp end
4. A huge pile of used towels at the entrance to the pool dumped by other guests and not dealt with by housekeeping team
5. Ladies toilets on ground floor had a leak. Water all over floor.
6. Floors in reception area and restaurant so sticky. Couldn't walk anywhere without making a disgusting noise
7. Corridor on 4th floor looks like a prison.
8. Windows on 4th floor room ar apx 4ft off ground. Kids couldn't look out of them. Doesn't make for a nice light environment in the room.
9. Dated over painted wallpaper in the room.
10. On a two night stay, toilet rolls were not replenished, neither were the hand towels even though they were put in the bath.
11. Very poorly handmade table numbers on tables in restaurant. Looks like they have been written with a kids felt tip pen. Most splattered with grease.
12. Chairs in restaurant in dire need of replacement. Chunks missing from the legs.

Some may think that I am moaning, but I have never commented on trip advisor before as I am a pretty laid back person who is easily pleased. I would think twice before booking.......seriously!

Room Tip: Apparently there are superior room. They can only be better than the inferior room we had.
1  Thank YCurran
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Good afternoon and many thanks for your comments. I am obviously disappointed your experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion and have gone through your points with our team. Please rest assured we have taken the necessary steps to ensure some of the issues will not reoccur in the future. Some other are very much out of character but have still been investigated. I would like to personally apologise for some of the shortfalls you experienced. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

With kind regards

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Staff courteous, room perfectly adequate, just 10 minutes walk from the centre. Free wifi a bonus. I suspect it draws the hen night, stag doo parties ! Neat sofa bed pulls out into two singles. Kids zone is right at reception, and I'm not sure this Ives the right impression.....since its a bit noisy and chaotic.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Good afternoon and many thanks for your review. It was a pleasure welcoming you to the hotel and we do hope to seeing you again in the future. I would like to thank you too for your recommendations with regards to the kids area and will certainly take your comments into account.

Christophe

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children and stayed here for 3 nights over the easter weekend. We arrived at 2 and check in was prompt and we went straight to our room. We were booked in a superior room with queen sized bed and sofa beds for the kids. The room size wasnt great, you couldnt really move around the beds at all and very little storage space so quite tight for a family of 4, however would be fine for a couple, The room seemed clean, and the queen bed was comfortable though one of my daughters complained that she could feel things through the mattress of one side of the sofa bed. We went to the swimming pool and it was a little bit worrying that the pool seemed really cloudy, you couldnt see anything through the water, my kids lost a pool toy in the pool and it took ages to find it just because you couldnt see the bottom, however we all seemed to emerge with no nasty tummy bugs so must be ok. The first problem we encountered was bed time, we were in room 426 and opposite the lift. We heard the lift all night, not people coming in and out or the doors, but the whurring of the lift, we especially asked for a quiet room. Please note that room 426 is not quiet. The 2nd problem we encountered on the 2nd night, a really odd musty smell, quite overpowering. We noticed it when we got back quite late, the kids were tired so we didnt mention. Also, this is the first Novotel that we have had to pay for parking.
The breakfast seemed fine, but quite expensive compared to local restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Good morning and many thanks for your review. I am sorry to read your stay was affected by a smell coming out of our air vents and by the pool being cloudy. We did investigate the matters straight away and works have been done to solve the issue. With regards to the pool, it looks like the water became cloudy due the sheer volume of peole using it. All readings were taken many times during the day and came back as good. I can however understand your concerns. Thank you once again for bringing these matters to my attention. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to York later on.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed overnight during the Easter break with my family and got a great deal of £69 for the night. Had we booked a bit earlier we could have got bed and breakfast for £74 but there is a lovely Weatherspoon's up the road were we went for a cheap breakfast. We were concerned at first about the parking price £11 per night but you are allowed to keep you car there up to midnight on the day you check out so over 2 days it makes parking not too expensive. All staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly and having a pool was an added bonus for a central hotel. Both my boys made great use of it as well. The room was very modern, clean and plenty of room. Lots of facilities downstairs for children with the web corner and the xbox. There is a lovely little Italian Restaurant called Toto's around the corner that does great deals on food Sunday - Thursday. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in York.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Good morning and many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I am very pleased to read you had a good stay and would recommend us. Your comments have been passed on to the team too. Thank you once again and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were part of a large family group of 25. We had a fantastic stay. The staff were very good from the first contact & throughout our stay. They looked after us very well. Really nice rooms which are a good size & a quality breakfast. Hotel very well positioned - 10 mins walk into city centre. Will happily return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark F

Good afternoon. Thank you very much for choosing Novotel for your family break. I am very pleased to read you had a good stay and hope we will see you again soon.