2,783 results
All reviews swimming pool separate toilet executive room sofa bed car park half term reception area good size per day overlooking the river clifford's tower york centre family room walk into town short break ten minute walk breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 8 March 2017

First impressions of the hotel was good, checking in was easy and reception staff very friendly and helpful.
Room was very clean and airy but linen and towels were not up to 4 star standard!
Bath was not cleaned and room hadn't been vacuumed after being used.
Breakfast was very good and breakfast staff friendly and efficient.
Only 1lift in use for all of our stay.

Room Tip: All our family were in rooms on 1st floor, very quite until party in function suite, I would maybe ask for rooms on the upper floors!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
MaximeDupont, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Good morning,

Thank you very much for your review following your 4 day break in York. It is great to read that you found the hotel good with a very friendly team at reception and breakfast. I have passed the feedbacks to our housekeeping manager in regards to the room. Please accept my apologizes regarding our broken second lift, this was an expecting break down which has now been fixed.

I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed from Thursday to Monday with other family members with children. The big things were: really excellent people working in the hotel, friendly, efficient and all- over pleasant: the welcome and facilities for children, free toys on checkin, wii and games in one area of the lobby, wifi on a couple of Mac computers.
We enjoyed clean, comfortable, well designed, well equipped and well maintained rooms which were quiet.
The hotel had 2 lifts, one failed on Saturday afternoon and was still out on Monday morning. Surprising a big group Novotel didn't have a contract to maintain key items like this at short notice, wasn't a major issue but could have been.
With its good swimming pool, car parking and super service, it's a really good option for York centre.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nick14541

Good morning,

Wow !!! Great review !!! Thank you so much ! I'm glad to read that your whole family had a great time with us including the little ones which we always try to entertain from check in to check out so the parents can relax a bit too. In regards to the unexpected broken lift, you will be glad to know that it has been fixed.

We are looking forward to welcome you again on your next family reunion.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with my partner as we were going to see an act at the Barbican theatre.
Really easy to find and ample parking. Room was clean and as expected for a Novotel. Main reason we chose this was for its convenience to the Barbican.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Good morning Becky,

Thank you so much for your recent review following your visit to the Barbican theatre. I'm glad you had a good stay and found the hotel ideal for you show since we are only 300 metres from the venue.

Please come to visit us again on your next visit to York.

Warm regards

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights last month and had a great stay.
Really big comfy bed, clean room, efficient and friendly staff.
Will definitely be returning.
Only slight niggle is the price of the car parking £12 a day, we do feel this should be free if you are staying at the hotel ( it used to be as we stayed here before although many years ago).

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your kind review following your recent stay with us. It is great to read that you had a fantastic time with us, I shall pass the comments to the team. In regards to the car park, we do charge however you can enjoy the whole day too on your departure.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel previously and have had excellent experiences

So to last night

A night away to celebrate my birthday with K and Ripley (our dawg)

On check in..

Excellent, the guy on reception recognised us from previous visits (not sure if that's a good or bad thing) and gave us a chew and toy for Mr R

The lovely lady behind the bar recognised us too when we sat for a coffee

So a great early feel/experience

We decided to walk up into the City centre and do some shopping. Took the dawg, so all good

Unfortunately it turned out to be a really crap day weather wise so by the time we got back two out of the three in the party (me and the dawg) were soaked

But had a drink in the bar, great service again, so still all good

Ok so why the one star

Our plan was to have a chilled "romantic" night together in the room

Unfortunately when I rang down for room service (at approx 7.30) I was told there was a function on and they wouldn't do us any (not even the offer of a sandwich) food!!!!

This really wrecked our/my evening!!!

So...

Will we go again

Actually, yes probably (the staff are really nice and helpful)

But have the management of the hotel (in not having enough capacity in the kitchen to cater for both guests and a function) seriously p***ed us off, yes

And corporately, they have broken a published global promise

Note: This is a really reluctant posting

As we do really like the did friendly ambiance and the people

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Good morning Colin,

Thank you very much for your great review, we are pleased to read that you love the overall atmosphere in the hotel and feel welcome by our team. Please accept my sincere apologizes if we didn't communicate clearly to you on check in about delays for food service due to heavy events in house on that particularly Friday evening. On your next stay with us, please let me know directly on my email address h0949-fb@accor.com and I will ensure we look after you so you ll have a memorable stay again.