“very good”

Novotel York Centre
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in York
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 February 2010

Thanks for the service, the swimming pool and the bar. Good spot for my kids by the river. Thanks again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
LudovicVerzi, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

Thank you for you kind comments and compliments concerning your stay with us at Novotel York. With my team, I look forward to welcome you back with your family on your next visit to the area.
Kind regards,
Ludovic Verzi, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,526)

Reviewed 1 February 2010

Stayed with family to enjoy a special event in York and suitably impressed. The hotel was child and adult friendly and refreshingly friendly for a global chain. First class position just outside centre and handy for main route South.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments concerning your stay with us at Novotel York. With my team. I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the area. Kind regards, Ludovic Verzi, General Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2010

The rooms are a little smaller than the photo suggests. all staff friendly and helpful. Rooms and public areas all clean and in good repair. beds comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us at Novotel York. With my team, I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the area. Kind regards, Ludovic Verzi, General Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2010

Wow, what a stay we had! Check in was friendly, (and amusing, Lionel) location was just a 5-10 minute walk away from city centre and the breakfast I am still drooling over. The choice was vast and you won't need lunch because there really was plenty of choice. It was constantly being checked and never ran low because they replenished evrything right up until they stopped serving (12 noon at weekends). Incredibly check out was 5pm Sunday with no extra charge but they do like to know in advance, which was our plan originally but we ended up enjoying our stay so much we booked an extra night.
For an evening meal we would recommend the Mason Arms, about a 3-4 minute walk away with homemade food that was out of this world. I did tell the proprietor of the pub to mention the fact everything was homemade as there was no mention of this outside. You won't need a sweet because here too the portions were huge. Dick turpins grave is about 5-6 minute walk away too, and we thouroughly enjoyed the Ghost Hunt starting at the Shambles, whatever the weather. We were there when it was snowing so it was a bonus. So much more to stay but you'll be thinking I rubbing it in. We'll be back in March - Can't wait.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your stay with us at Novotel York. With my team, I am looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 23 January 2010

We stayed here in January 2010, and had a nice room, which did have problems. The room had a nice bathroom, but had a sepated toilet and sink. There wasn't any storage space, just a draw, 2 shelves, and a short coathanger strip. We definitely got only 3 pillows and 4 cusions shared by 3 people. But it had some nice advantages. The pool was nearly empty, altough it only had 2 small cubicles. And the hotel had a nice bar and a good location for visiting the high street. Altough the problems in the room, the room was very nice and modern. Overall this hotel was fairly good!

1  Thank willcp

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at Novotel York and with my team, I look forward to welcome you back, with your family, on your next visit to the area.
Kind regards,
Ludovic Verzi, General Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2010

Perfectly suited and designed with the family in mind. Hotel facilities are excellent and the proximity to the City and its attractions is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments concerning your stay with us at Novotel York. With my team, I am very much looking forward to welcome you and your family back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 22 January 2010

I stayed here for two nights on business when I was visiting the university. I found the hotel to be in a great location for both the train station and the university. I can’t fault anything, the room was fine spacious enough for the standard room with a king size bed. There are also tea and coffee making facilities. The Elements bar and restaurant serves excellent food. Also breakfast is served in the restaurant and I cannot fault the choice of food on offer and the service from the staff. Overall an excellent hotel in a good location and full credit to all the staff for a welcoming friendly service!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments concerning your stay with us at Novotel York. With my team, I am very much looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.