“warm and friendly atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossways Guest House

Crossways Guest House
Ranked #82 of 205 York B&B and Inns
MANCHESTER
“warm and friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

My husband and I regularly visit York and stay at the Crossways guest house. The service provided is excellent with a warm friendly welcome. The rooms are all clean and well equipt with freeview-enabled flat screen TV, hot showers and tea and coffee making facilities. The best part of going back to the Crossways is knowing we will always have an excellent experience.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JELLY01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

We had a wonderful weekend the owner was friendly and helpful . Will definately return and stay again .

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

My husband and I have recently returned to the Crossways Guest House and again thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were pleased to see Emma again who even remembered our Breakfast orders! We enjoyed the lovely weather and walking into York. We found a lovely French Restaurant - Le Rustique which is well worth a visit, great food and service. We look forward to returning to Crossways again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Crossways Guesthouse over the May Day bank holiday weekend. The guesthouse itself is very homely, clean and comfortable. We were made to feel very welcome on our arrival and during our stay, with a personal touch that you don't experience at other guesthouses or hotels. The location is perfect as you can walk into York and are very close to the Bar walls, Minster and shopping. The owner even recommended her favourite Italian restaurant to us. All in all we had a wonderful weekend and would recommend Crossways to anyone.
Mrs A King

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Yorkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

I booked to stay several nights over the course of June while in York on business. Emma knew that I was a business traveller, I said I'd need to leave by 7:15am, so you've guessed it, no breakfast!

I arrived and on inspection the room I was given was on the third floor and barely big enough to turn around in, let alone swing a cat! and I'm only five foot two..... I explained that I'm a little claustrophobic and asked if there were any other rooms, Emma was really rude and abrupt, saying that she had other guests arriving the following day and I was staying two nights, she didn't want to move me. It seemed that she didn't want to give other guests this awful room, when she knew that I was in York on business and thought I had no other option. Long story short, she offered to refund the three days I had booked for later in the month but wouldn't refund the two nights for the current stay. I left to get dinner and think about it, I went back a couple of minutes later and said that if she wasn't going to refund for that night and the following night, I may as well stay, at which point in front of another guest she yelled, YOU'RE NOT STAYING IN MY HOUSE, YOU CAN HAVE A REFUND.

I recieved an email reply later saying that she hadn't promised a full refund....... I guess she must really need the money to lie and behave this way, a pity that she needs a hundred pounds or so that much!!!!!

By the way I spent glorious couple of nights just across the street at Feversham Lodge, delightful place!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business