“dining room service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in York
Boynton Beach, Florida
“dining room service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We were at this hotel weds. May 2, 2012 as park of a Collette tour. There was also another Collette tour at the same time, and the dining room was understaff to handle the guests. We normally have about an hour to eat on get on the road. Well with about 80 guests in the dining room they constantly ran out of food on the buffet line, and took quite a bit of time to replenish. They only have 3 servers to clear tables and people were waiting for tables coffee,tea and food. When I left, I went to complain to the front desk and their response was to take it up with our tour manager. Our tour manager is not paid to manager theier dining room. The front desk staff was rude. I do not have time to escalate the problem to the General Manager of the hotel. The Park Inn is either owned or franchised by Radison

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Warminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

A clean, comfortable, and modern hotel situated in one of the finest historical tourist cities in England. The Park Inn is easily spotted when walking along by the river, and is located roughly halfway between York Minster and the National Railway Museum which allows easy on foot access to both.

My room was spaceous with a huge bed, plus a lovely flat screen TV and excellent en suite facilities.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and all in all, i had a really nice stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank David_Jordan_Hawkins
A_Pickard, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Dear David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review following your stay with us and very pleased to read that all in all you have a nice stay.

We do as you say have a great location along the river (you can't miss us) and being half way between the National Rail Museum and indeed the world renown York Minster.

Extremely pleased to read that you found the room spacious, with a huge bed, lovely flat screen TV and excellent ensuite facilities and above all else the team were helpful and friendly.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Bye for now...

Adrian
cleethorpes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I had a 2 night stay in a single room. Everything was there that you would want, but it was so small. I had to step into the shower side ways! Everywhere was clean and welcoming and warm, it was freezing outside. I would stay again but not in a single room, even though I only spent a short time in the room, I didnt feel comfortable there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Parkinnlondon, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
I was naturally very disappointed to read you review of your recent stay at the Park Inn York and wish to convey my apologies. This is not our normal level of service as previous reviews will demonstrate, but please be assured that I have noted and taken action based on your comments.

Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of everyone, technology very occasionally lets us down but I can certainly appreciate how frustrating it must have been for the key card not to have worked when you reached your room.

I have brought your comments with regarding the quality of the food to the attention of our new Head Chef and he has reviewed the menu options and presentation to ensure a more positive guest experience.

Please do contact me personally if you would wish to stay with us again and I will ensure you have a trouble free stay and a more positive guest experience.

Warm regards
Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed here Saturday 28/04/2012 along with seven other friends for a Stag Do. We had rang in advance and were told that our rooms would not be available til 2pm, and as we were due at the football for 1pm, staff said to park our cars in the on site car park then book in later.
On site car park is great, slightly tight but you are in the city centre. Hotel has a great spot on the west side of the river and has bridges either side of it to get into York City centre itself.
15 minute walk to the football was pretty good and we passe most of the sites that tourists would want to take in on the way, so ideal location wise.
When we got back booking in was quick and easy, we had two rooms facing the river and two facing the road. (all be it this road is only an access road at the moment and not a through way so not a lot of traffic.)
Rooms were clean and quite spacious with the usual appointments that you would expect. (Note: if you need an ironing board it maybe worth asking for it to be delivered on check in as it took a little while to get one sorted)
Excellent location to get to the pubs and clubs of York and relatively good night sleep - apart from being woken by ..... "Stand back - vehicle reversing - beep, etc)
Would certainly recommend it and if you book in advance you may get a pretty good deal.

Room Tip: Rooms that look over the river will be quieter in the morning but be careful because at the weekend...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Olivio69
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed here on the 17th of April for a night with my other half. We drove here and parked in the hotel car park which was very convenient. Being in city centre the hotel car park is very convenient. Welcome to the hotel was very good, even thought it was busy we felt we were in a well run hotel. Check in staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room was on the 7th floor, had a great view, was lovely and clean, and well presented. Being in York city centre we were planning to go out for the evening but thought we will have a drink in the hotel bar first. The bar again was very busy but the the staff were still attentive. We enjoyed our drink and the view and went on to explore York's night life which is great. The next morning the breakfast was good. A good choice and good service. All in all a fantastic stay.....Thank you Park Inn York....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LOLIN M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed here from Sunday 22nd - Tuesday 24th April. I had planned a girly trip with my friend, and we were happy to find on arrival, how central our hotel was. On arrival staff were friendly and helpful, and we were allowed to check in immediatly. I had not paid for a riverside view, but the room in itself was very clean and tidy, and welcoming, We settled in straight away.
As part of our stay we had evening meal on first night and breakfast provided. I asked at reception if it was adviseable to book, and Oliver at reception was happy to book us a table. The evening meal was very nice, a Sunday buffet roast which was well recieved after a day of traveliing and shopping. The staff in the restaurant were also very friendly and our waiter for the evening seemed happy to be looking after all the guests. He made polite and appropriate coversation and couldnt do enough to help us. Breakfast was also lovely both mornings, so much choice and kept us full up till tea-time. The only quibble I had was that on our first night, our room was situated driectly above the under hotel parking area, and for some reason throughout the night and in the afternoons we could hear a loud banging noise like a big metal door being slammed. So later in the afternnon we tried to have a "siesta" but found that drilling work was going on in the above rooms...which you would expect in a hotel in the daytime. However, wihtout wanting to complain, I mentioned this to Andrea on reception, and she was more than happy to investigate. After returning to our hotel that evening I had found that Andrea had allocated us new rooms for our final night stay, and that if we wished to, we could sleep in the new room, and leave our belongings in the other. Once we had checked into our new room, we found it much quieter and so stayed there for the evening. On checkout from the hotel I once again spoke to Andrea and she asked if we had slept well, in response we slept like babies! We were able to leave our belongings behind reception on our final day after checkout, as we still had shopping and trips planned, which also helped as we could nip back to hotel to get our things before taking the train home. We were totally happy with our stay, and with it being my first trip to York, I can say I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Thank you to all of the staff at Park Inn, would love to visit again soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joneil8680
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I visited with my husband, we were here to see friends and also enjoy the sites of York. I had stayed before when the hotel first became a Park Inn. It was satisfactory then, but has come a long long way since then! The rooms are lovely, completely modern compared to my first visit and the standards of service have also improved greatly! The breakfast, which I look forward to on any hotel stay was lovely, big choice and great service! I would recommendtheis hotel to anyone and will certainly stay again on my next trip to York.

Stayed April 2012