Park Inn by Radisson York
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$90
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$125
US$100
US$130
US$115
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$122
US$116
US$98
2,327 results
All reviewsriver viewcar parksuperior roomcity centrereception stafffire alarmrailway stationgreat central locationsecure parkingper daybuffet styleironing boardbreakfast roomwould stay againshort stayone night stayfew minutes walk
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Stayed here for one night on business - booked for me by my company.

The exterior of the hotel isn't pretty - a 60s concrete monstrosity of a building - but it is very central and yet quiet being down a side street and built on the side of the river. My room had a balcony. The other great advantage is a secure car park which was good value - I parked for 30 hours for £12. There is a health club on the premises.

The hotel has recently been refurbished. My room was a decent size, well-equipped, clean and bright, and had all the usual facilities. The decor is pretty full on - bright red lamp shades and red leather chairs set in predominantly white walls and coverings.

I had breakfast which was fine but not overly exciting - continental and full english choices available. I can't comment on the dining room or the bar.

Staff were friendly and were efficient in the way they handled a booking problem.

The only other comment is about the layout - some rooms are accessed from the first floor which requires you to use a lift or stairs to the first floor and a second lift to the bedroom. Not really a problem but a little bit quirky.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Saffopod
Parkinnlondon, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

I was very pleased to read that your recent stay at the hotel had been a positive experience. I agree that the outside of the building belies the interior but exterior work is soon to be undertaken to enhance the sense of arrival. The location, as you point out, is however perfect for leisure and business guests and with fresh and newly refurbished bedrooms is an ideal base for all guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Booked a double room for 3 nights half board at the Park Inn by the River Ouse in York. Location is great for the city centre with shops, bars, restaurants 5 minutes walk over the bridge, together with the walls, Minster, museums and galleries. Futher afield, Castle Howerd is 12 miles away.

Enjoyment let down by long walk to the restaurant which offered a limited carvery of 2 meats and 1 fish each night with canteen-style vegetables.

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking river and old city
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Parkinnlondon, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to York and stay at the Park Inn by Radisson. The hotel is based overlooking the River and by design maximising this view, hence the corridor to the restaurant. I apologise that you had carvery each evening; on some evenings this is available, but it also runs alongside our normal RBG menu and it should have been explained to you that both options were available. I am sorry that you did not have this explained to you but be assured the team have now been retrained on this aspect of service.

I do hope that this oversight will not deter you from returning to York and this hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed here for an overnight stay with friends and reserved a single room which as it turned out was extremely nice, very well appointed and modern. I was pleasantly surprised. It certainly was adequate for one night for sure. The hotel is in a perfect location on the river with just a short walk over the bridge into the centre of York. All staff I came into contact with during the stay were very nice and helpful. I couldn't fault it at all. Stayed on room-only basis so cannot comment about food/breakfast, but I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting York.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Parkinnlondon, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

I am so pleased your experience of the Park Inn by Radisson York was so positivie. All the rooms have recently been refurbished and are of a good standard. The single rooms, whilst small, also offer the same facilities and are perfect for the single traveller.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

A large group of us stayed here for a hen do. We got straight in our rooms when we got there. The hotel is very large and caters for many different types of people. Every member of staff we spoke to was very helpful. I just think £12 to park when you've already paid over £100 for a room for the night is excessive. Excellent location tho. Overall nice stay :)

• Stayed: July 2012

I am so pleased your girls weekend was so enjoyable and thank you for your positive comments.

With regard to the car parking fees, these are very much in line with those charged by other city centre hotels and commercial car parks; the car park offers a secure environment for your vehicle which I do hope you feel offsets the charges made.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Very comfy, clean, room well prepared & maintained each day, excellent unlimited breakfast to suit all tastes, only problem was access to 4th floor room in low level part of hotel required to use 2 lifts with a long corridor walk between lifts,

Room Tip: river view would be worth having
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write and comment so positively about your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson York hotel.

The hotel is the perfect base for exploring the many interesting attractions both in the city and further afield, and I am delighted that you found the staff and facilities to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.