Park Inn by Radisson York
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$90
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$125
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$100
US$98
Orbitz.com
2,327 results
All reviewsriver viewcar parksuperior roomcity centrereception stafffire alarmrailway stationgreat central locationsecure parkingper daybuffet styleironing boardbreakfast roomwould stay againshort stayone night stayfew minutes walk
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

A bit pricey for the standard of Hotel. Had to wait 45 minutes for iron and board to be brought to my room, was in awful condition when it arrived. No trouser press or fridge in rooms. Great location, very basic, 3 star and no more.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank truth99
Parkinnlondon, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

I'm surprised to read that your ironing board was not satisfactory as the housekeeping department have a great pride in their work and usually pay great attention to these details. We are a 3 star hotel but pride ourselves on offering 4 star service.

There is so much happening in the city that I do hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Overnight stay for business. Staff helpful and friendly. Hotel very central to main shopping and sights. Great location on river, and I had a room looking over river towards Cathedral. Room a decent size - clean and comfortable, and good size walk in monsoon shower. facilities in room basic (eg no iron or ironing board) but does have room safe -wi-fi an extra cost.

Breakfast had a good choice of hot and cold food.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

I'm very glad you found the hotel more than met your needs for your stay on business; more than half of our rooms do have an in room iron and ironing board and where not, we are more than happy to bring one to the room on request.

We're the pefect place to stay if you are travelling to York on business again as we are so close to the railways station, have on site parking and minutes away from the shops and tourist attractions.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I have had reason to use many Hotels in York, but never stayed at the Park Inn… Due to a last minute decision and all other Hotels full, the Park Inn was the only room available. With the cost being nearly 500 Pounds Sterling for three nights, I assumed it would be a pleasant stay, and a cut above the norm. While check-in and parking were easy, and the staff were courteous, my stay went downhill from then on.

On getting to the room, we discovered there was only one draw for clothes and all hanging space was in the room, no wardrobe or even and excuse for a wardrobe. The bed was in fact two beds and mattresses just pushed together with a double sheet. It was impossible to sleep in the middle as the whole thing just separated. We did complain, and the staff told us they would clip it together (Never happened). The kettle lid fell off when I tried to use it… complained, was told it would be replaced (Never Happened). The room was also noisy. With the widows firmly closed, you could hear the street noise from the pubs from the other side of the river. I think some sound proof windows are in order. Parking is confusing, as when you think you have secured your space for the duration of your stay, if the car park fills up, and you can't get back in… I parked on the street two out of the three nights with a long walk back, and had to pay twice for the privilege. The restaurant is very basic with zero atmosphere… the food was served with no care, and item missing from the order…

I’m surprised Raddison puts their name to this Hotel, as its one of the most expensive I have stayed in for that area, and the worst. I think this Hotel only succeeds, because of the captive market in York… Very disappointing indeed.

Room Tip: avoid being on the River Side if you want a good nights sleep... Which is unfortunate, as the view of the City is quite nice
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dingbat-Ward
Parkinnlondon, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

I am extremely sorry that your first experience of this hotel was not the best; I would be pleased to have the opportunity to discuss this with you personally and would therefore ask that you contact me at sally.hughes@rezidorparkinn.com if you wish to do so.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Had pre booked room overlooking the river (at a cost) and room was lovely and clean and a good size. Not much provided in toiletries though, but very comfortable and good bed. Fantastic view of York and the Minster as had asked for, and got, a high floor. Couldn't get into car park as it was a Saturday and very busy but got in next day. All in all, the hotel is as would expect for a basic city centre hotel but every breakfast was an adventure! You expect it to be busy on a Sunday with all the weekend guests, but even by Tuesday there were never any clean and set tables when we arrived. The staff seemed harrassed so weren't particularly friendly, but the restaurant manager needs to sort out the clearing staff. Apart from staff standing chatting at the back of the room, there was one particular member of staff who I watched on more than one occasion, who very slowly went round tables either collecting all the mugs, or all the glasses, or all the bowls and spoons, then spent ages arranging them all prettily on his tray. I never yet saw him collect greasy breakfast plates and knives and forks - don't think he liked getting his hands dirty. How did the person in charge of the breakfast room not think that after he returned to the kitchen three times with laden trays, but there was still not one fully cleared and re-set table in the whole room, that he was doing something not quite right? The problem seemed to be that I never actually saw anyone who looked to be in charge. I have always sworn by Radisson and I know this is one of their budget hotels, but not up to the standard I would expect. However, if they get their breakfasts sorted out, I may even return!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Parkinnlondon, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

I was very sorry to read about your breakfast experience, but please be assured that I have taken your comments very seriously. The hotel was extremely busy and we do have some new members of staff who are still in training, and I am sorry that this had a negative impact on your stay. All the team work hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable experience but clearly on this occasion we failed to meet those standards. Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel; it is central to the City, clean and reasonably priced. Whoever reviewed this Hotel and complained about the breakfast can't have been staying at the same place as the food and service was exemplary , the staff being friendly and attentive.
Would highly recommend and will be staying again when next in York

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

It was very kind of you to write such a positive review of your recent stay at the hotel. Thank you.

We very much look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards