“Very helpful staff”

Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in York
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Very helpful staff”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Me and my wife spent a couple of nights at the Park Inn, firstly i would like to praise all the staff who quickly accomodated us with another room when the electrics went down in our room.
We would like also to say a big thank you the staff on reception for waiving the parking fee whitch i was ready to settle on checking out.
We would definetly return to this hotel in the future,the room was spacious and clean and the views were stunning.
Once again thank you for making it a special weekend for us both.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
I am delighted to hear you experienced first hand the Yes I Can hospitality which our hotels are famous for. It makes all the difference and I thank you for taking the time to comment on it.

Warm regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed at the Park Inn for one night during the holiday season. The hotel has a very good location. It's very accessible to most tourist attractions like York Minster, York City Walls; Jorvik Viking Centre etc.. We didn't drive but instead we took the train and the train station is very close to this hotel. The food was excellent. There were lots of choices to choose from. The staff at the restaurant during our breakfast were very helpful and friendly apart from the waiting staff on the door on duty on the 24th of December. She was so grumpy and rude. I think if one is in charge on the door, one should be friendly, welcoming and has a smile on his/her face. Over-all, if you're visiting York, this is the hotel we would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Prille
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
It was good to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at the hotel and found the location to be perfect for visiting all the main attractions; you really do not need your car whilst you are here and as you quite rightly point out, the railway station is just around the corner.

Please accept my apologies if you did not receive a warm welcome to breakfast; we pride ourselves on providing a high level of hospitality and I am sorry if on this occasion we failed to do so.

With many thanks
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

We got a double room a couple of days before our stay on last minute.com paying just under £60 for bed and breakfast.

We were given a river view room on 2nd floor which was nice and spacious, with a lovely bathroom and nice hot shower. The bed was two singles pushed together as others have said but that just makes it nice and big so was fine with us! Unfortunately as with a previous reviewer we had an adjoining room and had very loud squeaking to wake up to the next morning, but it didn't last long (!) and that's not really the hotel's fault.

Service was good at breakfast and acceptable on reception-I've had worse but could've been a bit more jolly!

Breakfast was included so couldn't complain but would've been disappointed if we'd paid hotel price on the day for it. Not poor - just average and you can get better value at wetherspoons.

For the location and cost it was good and I would recommend. For the car park alone in terms of location right next to hotel, it was a bonus as you don't normally get this on city centre hotels. I don't think £12 for overnight parking is too bad.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Becky_Hull
Sounds like you had a great deal........ you can find some fantastic offers via our hotel website so do look out for another chance to visit York!

thank you for your great review; we really appreciate it.

Best wishes for the new year.
Leeds
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and was very pleased. The room was large with a view out on to the river, the bathroom appeared to be fairly new and was light, clean and modern. Breakfast was average, not the best but more than adequate. Overall everywhere was clean and well maintained which made it a comfortable, pleasant stay.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank x90gabs
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Thank you so much for your very positive review of the hotel and your stay in York. I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be of a high standard and particularly enjoyed the views of the river. I do hope that you find the time to visit again in the future.

Linlithgow
Reviewed 3 January 2013

My husband and I, two sisters and brother-in-law stayed at the Park Inn by Radisson in York for the New Year. One of my sisters is in a wheelchair and the hotel could not have been more helpful. The receptionist, Barbara, was one of the most helpful receptionists I have ever met. She was so kind to my sister and had a very cheery nature and nothing was any trouble to her - a real asset. The food at this hotel is also very good and the rooms are spotlessly clean, warm and very comfortable with a hairdryer, ironing table, iron and tea/coffee-making facilities.

It is also a 10 minute walk from the Railway station and 5 minutes for York Minster. There are loads of restaurants close-by and York itself if just a wonderful city. The only downside was the weather which is something no-one can control!

All in all a fabulous trip and I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this hotel. This was our second visit to this hotel and we weren't disappointed. My son and his fiance have also stayed twice and we will go back to this hotel - there's no-where else I would stay!

Room Tip: Try booking a superior room as this overlooks the River Ouse and the Minster.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank HelenSandy
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
A very happy new year to you and your family. I am absolutely delighted you all had such a fantastic time here at the Park Inn by Radisson York. Thank you so much for speaking so positively about Barbara; I agree, she is a real asset to the hotel and demonstrates the Yes I Can spirit which is at the heart of our company. I know she will be thrilled to read your comments.

As a regular customer, I do hope you are a member of our company loyalty scheme, Club Carlson. Members quickly enjoy additional benefits including free stays!

manchester
Reviewed 2 January 2013

The lifts wouldn't go to the 3rd floor had to go to 4th or 2nd then get the other lift. I had a room with a balcony over the river the heating wasn't working and had an ajoining door to room next door,waste of time it being there as it seemed the other guests were in my room with me as every noise was heard. The bar staff were rude particularly the afternoon lady I asked for a coffee and she barked that will be £2.75 before she had even made it. Other guests in my party commented how rude she was.Over-all nice but cold room, private function and waiting staff took plates away without first asking if you had finished and rushed through service. Not Impressed

Room Tip: Balcony rooms available room service expensive for what you get
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Thank you very much for your review of the hotel; I will certainly ensure your comments to the attention fo the Food & Beverage Manager. We aim to ensure we provide a high level of service so your comments are definitely of value to us. We do have a few adjoining rooms, which are very popular with families who enjoy the security that gives when travelling with younger children. I am sorry on this occasion you found it not to be suitable for your purposes.

Kind regards
UK
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This hotel is, in its price range, probably as good a place to stay as anywhere in York. Its big selling point is its location; minutes walk to everything, but enough out of the way. The rooms are standard size and layout as is the en-suite. We found it odd that there were no drawers or wardrobe in the room, just poles to hang your clothes on and open cubes for the rest of your clothes. It tended to make the room look untidy. On the plus side there was a free mini safe. We did get a nice riverside view of the city and The Minster. The breakfast was a hot or cold buffet style and very good with lots of choice. All the staff were friendly and efficient. Although there was some work being done to the hotel it was not detrimental to our stay.
This is a very good place to stay on areasonable budget.

Room Tip: You wait to be seated at breakfast. Don't accept a window seat as you are next to the radiators...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mark2gwen
It is always pleasing when a guest takes the time to write so positively about their stay; I know the team are always delighted to know their Yes I Can service has been appreciated. The works to the hotel reception have now been completed so thank you for your patience in this regard; I do hope you will return in the near future to see the results!

Happy new year.