“Pop "Inn" if you're visiting York”

Park Inn by Radisson York
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Well appointed at the riverside, this modern hotel is a great venue for business and leisure. Parking is very pricy but the central location means that once in your sorted for your stay. Well equipped rooms and free wifi appealed to me and I have stayed for both business and leisure purposes.

• Stayed: January 2013
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

It is always pleasing to read a review from one of our regular guests who enjoys the Park Inn York City centre for both a leisure visit and as a business traveller. The free WiFi is certainly a great advantage for both. I do hope you are a member of our Club Carlson loyalty scheme; remember you can enjoy many benefits by joining and quickly earn free nights stay. Please do not hesitate to ask one of our team members about the schem on your next visit or visit our website for further details.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson York

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Our room was large, with lots of power points, good lighting, good TV with lots of channels and a TV guide. It overlooked the river and York Minster.
Breakfast was really good with a good selection, including fruit, hot food and different breads.
Walking distance from York train station, and the tourist attractions of York (Minster, Jorvik, The Shambles, Dungeons, Chocolate Story Brewery, etc).
Parking was £12 for 24 hours, which was good as it was secure and next to the hotel.
This was a great hotel, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the river and city.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

it sounds as though you had a great time in York and found the hotel provided everything you needed to enjoy your stay. There is always something interesting going on in York giving plenty of reason for a return visit in the near future! May I suggest you always check out the Park Inn by Radisson website as there are always some great rates available.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

In recent months I've stayed at the Park Inns in Leigh and Belfast and had expected the same wow factor in York, but how I was to be disappointed. The York hotel is a just a big cold (literally) shed of a place, devoid of any character or feel good factor. The only place where the strong brand colours and image have been applied is in the bedrooms. But they're let down but overly complicated heating/air con controls and a system that delivers tepid air at ceiling level which to permeate any further. I awoke frozen during the night because the duvets aren't exactly winter weight AND aren't even big enough for the width of the bed! I did try phoning reception several times to ask for someone to come up and look at the heating, but all my calls went unanswered. Hotel was very under occupied so not as if the staff were rushed off their feet. At breakfast, good vaue at £7.00, every table in the large dining room were laid out, but the staff forced the few guests who turned up to sit at adjacent tables, thereby denying them any privacy - bonkers. Some redecoration and upgrading is currently taking place on the 1st floor and LONG overdue judging by the style of heavy decor being replaced. Glad I got my Sunday night at a £29.00 sale rate as I'd have been well miffed had I paid any more. I shall not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank scotsjimbo
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

it is always disappointing to hear when we do not meet guests' expectations and send you my sincere apologies. The Park Inn Hotels you have stayed in previously were newly built properties which are both fantastic examples of the brand. We have however invested heavily the the York hotel and all 200 bedrooms were completely refurbished last year. This has now been followed by a similar investment in the public areas (due to be completed end of February); I am sure you will be similarly impressed when this work is finished and I do hope that you will return in order to see for yourself the changes.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Having previously stayed here some years ago when it was the Moat House and always loving it, I was a bit nervous that things may have changed too much. I needn't have worried. We booked by phone, but were given internet rates as their website had crashed on us.
When we arrived it was obvious that they were having a little work done - very noisy, but it didn't bother us as we would be heading straight out in to York. The lady on reception (Kate) was so helpful and polite. She apologised for the noise and put us into a River View room to get us away from the noise. Obviously the work would have been finished by the evening, but the gesture was much appreciated anyway. Apparently they are refurbishing the main bar, but the pictures look really good - so looking forward to seeing that when it's finished.
The room was spotless - my ONLY gripe would be that the shower isn't particularly powerful. Having pretty long hair, it's handy to have one that you don't have to stand in for 10 minutes before you could put shampoo on. Aside from that, no complaints at all - everything we could have needed was there - even the iron and ironing board, which alot of hotels now have at reception.
The breakfast was lovely - buffet style as you'd expect from a big hotel these days, but really nice. Plenty of staff, so even when it's busy, you don't have to wait long for the tea and coffee to arrive at the table. Food was hot and really good quality with plenty of choice.
The hotel car park is really secure - at a cost of £12 for 24 hours, we also thought it was very reasonable. I don't know if you can pay at reception, but the machine only takes cash, so probably worth having it handy.
The location is great - right on the river and just across the bridge from the centre where all the shops, restaurants and bars are.
Would I recommend a stay here - absolutely. I'm so glad we went back after all these years. Having loved the Moat House - I was so please it was actually better. We'll definitely be back - probably later this year

Room Tip: Always ask for a river view room, you may get a little noise from the nightlife at weekend if you li...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

A very warm welcome back to York and to the hotel! I am absolutely delighted that you found the hotel to be so improved under the Park Inn by Radisson brand and do hope that you do not leave it as long before you come back and visit us again. Sorry about the small inconvenience regarding the shower pressure; we are working on this!

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Perfect location for visiting the centre of York. All the major attractions are easily walkable.
Staff efficient and helpful, bar staff excellent, room modern, clean, good shower room, safe, adequate hanging space, beds comfortable, pillows poor, efficient temp. control, good breakfast choices, very secure parking(£12 per day) Corridors very cold. This probably because there was work going on in the Restaurant(I understand that January is a good time for maintenance etc.) BUT i would have preferred to have been told, when I booked, that we could only eat in the bar and from the bar menu.(The restaurant being refurbished) We are elderly and prefer to eat in our hotel. But bar food was well-presented and good. The bar and breakfast area is in need of an upgrade - looking rather tired. The building is an eyesore in this beautiful city but it does give the guests a good position and views. . We are members of this hotel's reward scheme and were disappointed to find other guests being offered free car parking and cheaper rates than us.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room is on the river side and in the highest floors in the main building - not t...
1  Thank oldfogy_11
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

As a member of our company loyalty scheme I am disappointed to hear that you felt other guests were offered a cheaper rate than yourself. May I explain that the hotel has a variety of different room types and the rates vary accordingly; no car parking is ever given for free but on occasions it may be included in the rate that a guest pays or the charges are billed back to a corporate company.

I am sorry you were unable to use the main bar but these works are part of our programme to upgrade the public areas to the level of our newly refurbished bedrooms and bathrooms.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend in January having purchased the hotel through an ebay deal, we got a great price £126 for 2 nights b&b including parking.

When we arrived at the hotel we were pleasantly surprised by its central location and managed to get the last parking space in the attached car park, although the spaces were tiny.

We quickly checked in and went to our room. The room was clean and quite modern with no bath just a shower. The bed and pillows was very comfy.

I would have rated this hotel higher than a 3 but the noise both nights was bad, from music outside to doors constantly banging and drunk quests making loads of noise all through the night.

We enjoyed our stay in york and I would suggest that if you are going away with friends this hotel is good especially if you get a deal, but I wouldn't go back with my partner.

We didn't go for breakfast so I couldn't rate that and we didn't use the gym.

Finally I was impressed with the free parking as parking in York is very expensive and the car park was very secure.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear that the noise from across the river disturbed what was otherwise a fantastic stay. Like other hotels, unfortunately we do not have any control over the activities of the clubs and pubs in the city but fortunately the benefits or our city centre location by far outweigh the rare occaions this occurs.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Very clean,good views and great service. Close to the center and at breakfast there is a wide range of food choice also plenty of room to sit down. Beds are comfortable there is a safe in the room also a big bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for writing such a positive review of your stay in the summer. You may not recognise us if you come back now as the hotel has a great new look, but the service is just the same! Please check our hotel website before booking.... we have some fantastic offers at the moment.