Park Inn by Radisson York
Jorvik House(York)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
2,286 results
All reviewsriver viewcar parksuperior roomcity centrereception stafffire alarmrailway stationgreat central locationsecure parkingper dayironing boardbuffet stylebreakfast roomwould stay againshort stayone night stayfew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was surprised at the modern touches to this hotel in York. Located on the river and easy walk to city center and all the sites. Beds comfortable and good wifi. Avoid the river walk in the evening...I question the safety. The ghost tour is a delight.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am very very pleased to hear you found the newly refurbished public areas and bedrooms to be to your taste.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Its right on the Ouse and very handy for the city centre.
Park Inn are a bit like Holiday Inn, comfortable and competitive rather than luxurious.
The staff were very good, calling me to say when some mail arrived for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stigroadie

thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel and your personal experience of the Yes I Can service we provide. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel if your business brings you back to York.

Warm egards

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My friends and I arrived on Friday before the Bank Holiday and were able to access our room right away. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful as proved when we needed guiding to our rooms due to the unique layout of the hotel. Once we understood the two joined buildings we were fine. The food was particularly good for the price we paid and we would recommend this hotel. However, I would always confirm a booking because we heard two people say they had booked but there was no room for them.
It is very well situated for the whole of York as it is by the river and between two bridges, one leading to the Minster and one to the Jorvik Centre. Ideal for exploring.
The road outside the hotel was quite all day but noisy in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

it is always pleasing to hear when our guests have had a great stay and felt you received value for money; thank you for taking the time to write the review. So glad to hear you enjoyed your meals and the team were helpful; if your travels bring you back this way in the future we look forward to seeing you again. May I recommend is that you check out the Park Inn by Radisson website to secure the best offers.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was in York for one night attending a two day course.
My first room was in the Garden Annexe and had a balcony overlooking the river. There was a nesting pigeon sat on an egg so I asked to be moved so as not to disturb it.
I was moved to the main part of the hotel facing the York Minster and the river but this time no balcony - I should have moved the pigeon!!
The hotel was what you'd expect from a large chain, clean, comfortable etc.
The breakfast was very good in the morning.
I would stay here again but I'm glad work paid the bill!

Room Tip: I would ask for a river facing room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness over the pigeon and her new chicks....... and very sorry we could not offer you a balcony when you moved rooms.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

arrived 12.30 mid day and asked although I was early was there a chance to leave my case to go explore and to my surprise my room was ready and I was allowed to leave case there . I had booked for one night with late rooms , little bit of a mix up but was sorted very quickly, I found the reception staff approachable ,and professional. I had good night sleep didn't have breakfast , ate out for that.When checking out I asked to leave case till 3pm which was no problem they gave you a ticket and when I returned there was a long queue as two hen parties had arrived to check in , within few minutes a third person was at the reception and queue soon went down on receiving my case I was asked if I required a taxi , which I didn't. As a solo female traveller hotel is near to city centre staff first class room clean room was warm and I felt safe will definitely stop here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank blobbly

Thank you for taking the time to share your very positive experiences of your recent stay at the hotel. I a delighted to felt so safe and secure in our city centre hotel; Park Inn by Radisson hotels aim to provide a clean, fresh and safe environment for all our visitors so I do hope your stay in York has encouraged you to use our sister hotels in the future.

Kind regards