Park Inn by Radisson York
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Pool
US$125
US$116
  • Breakfast included
US$199
US$164
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$96
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hilton York(York)
US$157
US$118
  • Room Service
US$288
US$169
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$147
US$132
Travelocity
2,324 results
All reviewsriver viewcar parksuperior roomcity centrereception stafffire alarmrailway stationgreat central locationsecure parkingper dayironing boardbuffet stylebreakfast roomwould stay againshort stayone night stayfew minutes walk
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a second time for one night .
First time we had a river room
This time a garden room which over looked the whippet inn and north street this was a tad noisey
Room was clean bed good .
Not as big as river room , ask for river room much nicer .
Only problem disabled access door at reception has the fire alarm button next to it , and as if by magic 7:18 am some one pressed the bell thinking it was the door release and the fire alarm went off .
Other than that staff brilliant great hotel nice place to stay .

• Stayed: July 2013
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to York and the Park Inn. I do hope you enjoyed your return trip to York.

I am so sorry that you were disturbed by the fire alarm activation; as you say, a guest mistakenly pressed the alarm instead of the door release button but the team were able to respond very quickly and we returned to normality very quickly. I can appreciate however that this was not the ideal start to the day!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Great location, 5 mins from train station, 1 min from York centre. Baggage storage for early arrivals, quick and easy check in, by very pleasent staff. The rooms were very clean, beds super comfy. Great choice at breakfast from full english to continental, fresh fruits, cereal, bread croissants, muffins, preserves, all hot and well cooked. Enough tea and coffee to keep you going all day! Great sleep, no noisy neighbours, quick and simple check out. Couldnt ask for more. Would definately reccommend. Excellent value also!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Melanie

I just wanted to thank you on behalf of the team for your comment comments. It sounds as though your stay in York was everything you hoped it would be and I am please that in some small way we contributed towards an enjoyable break.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was a little worried, because the security, from the car park, right through to the hotel was so strong and obvious. That shouldn't be a negative, but rather than reassure me, it actually made me worry a little about the neighbourhood and just why so much security was necessary - it's the first time I have ever had to use my room key in a lift to access my floor.

But as it turned out, I didn't experience anything negative.

The room was a decent size and the bed was comfortable enough. Everything was clean too, which was a bonus.

Staff were brilliant, right from reception and check in/out, to the bar staff, who were most attentive.

Breakfast was super - with a buffet choice of anything you wanted and it was all pretty good quality too, so we left in the morning, absolutely stuffed.

The hotel is situated on the river, but my room wasn't river facing, which would have been nice. It was possible to upgrade to a river view, but this was a business trip, so not much point really.

Room Tip: Specify a river facing room where possible. Being a Park Inn member gets you this for free.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Many thanks for your very positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. The Park Inn hotels take great care to ensure our hotels provide spotlessly clean hotels and a safe and secure environment , which includes the car park.

One of the bonuses of staying away from home is the chance to enjoy a leisurely breakfast so I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the large selection included in the breakfast buffet.

it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, either on business or leisure.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We booked to stay here for a Tuesday and Wednesday night there were 5 couples .....to be told that there had been a power cut on one of the floors and that they would have to move us somewhere else. To keep us all together they proposed to transfer to a hotel 20 minutes outside of York, hardly what we wanted when we booked to stay in York. In the end we were split up, 1 couple stayed in the hotel (they had arrived earlier and had booked in) 1 couple
moved to the Hilton and 3 couples to the Blue rooms. 2 separate taxi drivers who transferred us to the other hotels informed us they they are often transporting guests to other hotels due to overbooking. Yes they did move us to another hotel of equal value and they did give us a complimentary drink from the bar ....but it did spoil the first day of our break and made us feel unimportant .......what we did see looked very nice .....won't book there again though .....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CherylBlackpool

I can appreciate that this was not the ideal start to your break in York but the hotel did their best to resolve an unfortunate situation which was beyond our control.

Regards

Reviewed 21 July 2013

For the first time in many years I really did find myself sleeping in a single bed (and in quite a small room) but I cannot complain because that was what I ordered. I did have a problem with TV reception in the room though - I had to retune the TV twice but I don't know if that was a problem with the broadcasters or the hotel's equipment. Booking at a fallow time meant the room was pretty cheap, even with the breakfast, which was good. The 1st floor bar has an excellent view over the river. Strong smell of sulphur from the plumbing in the room, which was a little bit off-putting.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed a good nights sleep and a great breakfast. I do apologise for the temporary problems with the TV but this has been checked and the problem resolved. Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.