“Excellent value stay”

Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in York
Milnthorpe, United Kingdom
“Excellent value stay”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We checked in accompanied by our 4 year old grandson who lives in York, but wasn't staying with us. The friendly receptionist chatted to him and offered him a bag of sweets which was very well received! The room was on the 8th floor, (there are 2 lifts) and had excellent views across the south of York. The room was very clean, warm and comfortable with a extra large bed, slightly on the firm side, and a lovely modern shower room. Personally I prefer one with a shower hose though I know these are liable to damage in a hotel, so the overhead rain type is more suitable in this situation and worked perfectly. In the evening we had a drink in the bar which overlooks the river and is very pleasant. We had a good deal which included breakfast, an extensive buffet with both hot and cold food, very good value and quality. We would definitely look into staying again when we visit family in the city.

Room Tip: Views on a clear day from the street side rooms on top floors are just as interesting, especially i...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a full review of your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted to hear that one of our team provided such a warm welcome and you found the services and facilities were perfect for your visit to York. If you intend to become a regular guest, it may be worth considering joining our loyalty scheme, Club Carlson, which will entitle you to additional benefits. Details are available on our website or any member of our team would be pleased to advise you further.

Warm regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

On arrival we were a bit early so they allowed us to leave a bags whilst we went out around the city. On checking in we were asked if we wanted an up grade to river view room which we accepted. We had a fantastic view of the river and the minster from our room.we had few drinks in the bar the service was fab the buffet breakfast was faultless and would like to thank the receptionist, bar man and waiter all the same person for making our stay a fantastic experience

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and let us know how much you enjoyed your stay here at the Park Inn. I will certainly share your comments with the team, and in particular Justin, who I know will be delighted to know that he contributed towards making your stay so pleasant. I do hope it is not too long before we see you again.

Kind regards
Yorkshire
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I booked this hotel as I had an early morning meeting in York and just wanted somewhere central and clean. In fact this felt less like a Travelodoge (which the price I paid had indicated it might be) and more like a good business class hotel.

It is a modern 8 story hotel right on the river, so looks a bit out of place in York but it was well maintained and everything felt fresh and good quality in both public areas and in the rooms.

Easy to find on the sat Nav and parking was easy, in a very secure bay under the hotel at quite a reasonable price for York ( 312 for 24 hours). Reception was very efficient and the only sign this wasn't a much more expensive hotel was the card operated lift but to me that is a nice security feature for a central city hotel. Room was large and fresh, although the colour scheme was a little childlike (red, white and blue), but the furnishings were of a good quality and I had the best nights sleep I have had for some weeks. Good quality Sony Bravia TV with lots of channels (not just the 6 you usually get for £40 a night!). The shower was large and new, alebit on the 8th floor the water pressure wasn't great but it was good enough. I had a view of the south side of the city (not the river/minster side) which was pleasant and quiet. The breakfast was very good, nicely cooked, prompt service and served in the restaurant overlooking the river, Checkout was efficient and friendly. I walked into town on the evening in 2 minutes and there are some excellent local pubs for food/drinks, including a real ale pub just a minute away.

Room Tip: If you can get a room overlooking the river and the Minster, take it but none of the views are unple...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Pete

I am delighted to hear that you found the Park Inn offered you everything you expected and more for your business trip to York. It sounds as though you took advantage of one of our fantastic winter special offer rates which is really excellent value for money. If you are visiting York again in the future, remember to check out our hotel website as we offer a price promise guarantee. We look forware to welcoming you back.

wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed at the Park Inn York for a weekend in January to celebrate my husband's birthday. I would recommend this hotel, the staff are helpful and friendly, the location is excellent, the rooms and general hotel area was clean. We will return here on our next visit to York.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Belated birthday wishes! I have shared your comments with the team and we are all pleased to read that you and your husband had such an enjoyable stay here in York and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Richmond Virginia
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Great location, poor internet in room Lauren saves the day quick room move also helped with faxing emails and Hotel clean and tidy great atmosphere good price. Thanks team for making our stay so pleasant. A great place for a romantic escape.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richmond-trio
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
it is kind of you to write and give the hotel such a positive review and to mention Lauren in particular. I know she will be delighted. I do hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great position on the river and the staff are friendly as you'd expect in Yorkshire. The down side is the level of staff training seems to be poor.
Forget going to the bar because either the que is long because there is only one person or there is no stock of what you want. I asked to get help from the manager because there was no gin for a G nT! He huffed his way to go and arrange to get a bottle, the one bar person had no training and was struggling which was not her fault, 30 mins later we got a g nt and a vodka with coke.!
I'd use the hotel for sleeping because it's clean and in a good location but not for service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg H
I do apologise for the poor bar service which I will certainly bring to the attention of our Food & Beverage Manager. Whilst it is never good to hear when a guest has experienced a problem, it does allow us the opportunity to take remedial action. Thank you.

I am delighted however to read that in all other ways you found the hotel to be ideal for your needs and I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The hotel is clean and in a great location with a couple of good restraints close by the best is the living room.
The staff are good Yorkshire friendly but lacked training especially in the bar which I would avoid. Long Que. one person serving and limited stock.
I would use the hotel again for the location but not use any of the services.

• Stayed January 2014
I am pleased to read that you found the hotel and its location to have been ideal for your time here in York. Please accept my apologies for the delay in the bar service. I will certainly investigate and take positive action to ensure there is no repetition. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Kind regards