Park Inn by Radisson York
US$121
US$115
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hotels.com
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$108
  • Room Service
US$288
US$169
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$89
US$437
US$404
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$95
Orbitz.com
2,324 results
All reviewsriver viewcar parksuperior roomcity centrereception stafffire alarmrailway stationgreat central locationsecure parkingper dayironing boardbuffet stylebreakfast roomwould stay againshort stayone night stayfew minutes walk
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Arrived at the hotel for our first visit, unsure of the arrangements for using the car park so went to ask at reception - the lady I spoke to was unhelpful and dismissive - not the best start to the visit. Fortunately a male member of staff intervened and instructed me that we were ok to use the car park prior to booking in (as I was told in no uncertain terms by the receptionist that I wasn't allowed to book in - even though I hadn't actually asked to do so).

The room was cold and the air conditioning unit practically impossible to fathom but that wasn't such an issue as the bed was warm and in spite of it being two single beds pushed together, reasonably comfortable.

In the morning my husband discovered that one of the glasses in the bathroom wasn't clean - the substance on it looked like blood (but as I don't have the resources of CSI on my person I can't be sure that it actually was). We took the offending glass to reception who assured us that they would be passing on our comments to house keeping - the receptionist on duty at that time was a very pleasant young lady - a complete contrast to the older lady the day before.

This hotel was not a cheap option and I would have expected better for the £99 we paid for a single night without breakfast.

Don't think we will use this hotel again, York is awash with hotels and this fact alone should make the Park Inn up their game a little.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

I am sorry to read that your experiences did not meet your expectations. This is very much out of character from other reviews and we do pride ourselves on excellent customer service and cleanliness. I have shared your comments with the team and wish to assure you positive action will be taken and therefore regret that you will not consider us for your next visit to York.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 February 2014

A very good hotel overall. Staff in reception were excellent. The room was of a decent size and quite attractive, although I feel there should be a double bed rather than two singles put together. The breakfast was very good, and the staff very welcoming. Location is perfect, with nothing we wanted to see more than 10 minutes' walk away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

it is always good to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay at the Park Inn; thank you for taking the time to write and let us know.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have stayed here many, many times but not for a while. They've had a bit of a facelift but the rooms are much the same but were good anyway. My room was clean and comfortable and a good size with a nice view over York. The service on arrival was friendly and helpful and there was a personalised handwritten note welcoming me back to the hotel when I got to my room.

There seems to be an emphasis on looking after regular customers, which is no bad thing. There is a gym as well, which is good.

I would recommend asking for a riverside view as they have a nice view but also avoids the noise of recycling being collected at funny times of the night or morning, which has happened to me in the past. I don't know if they have been updated, but the rooms not in the main tower were not quite as nice so ask for a room in the main building.

It's a solid dependable place to stay and I have always found it to be good and good value. Very good when you are travelling on business.

Room Tip: Ask for riverside in the main building.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for your very positive feedback following your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel. All the guest rooms were fully refurbished a year ago and we have also completed a refuribhsment of the public areas which now have a fresh contemporary style. I am pleased you like the work we have done.

I hope we will have the opportunity to see you again. If you are not already a member of our loyalty scheme, perhaps youw ould like to consider joining as this will provide you with additional benefits as a regular guest in any Park Inn or Radisson Blu hotel. Any member of the team will be pleased to give you further information.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hotel was very accommodating, nothing seemed to much trouble, Very friendly staff especially James who was on reception, meet all our needs, Bar area very nice overlooking the river, Very convenient to the city & bars etc

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

A few words to thank you for your review of the hotel. It is always a pleasure to welcome guests to the hotel and to York and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Lovely clean comfortable room. very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast had an excellent variety.
Quiet in the night, so was not disturbed. Stayed on floor 5 and had a beautiful view 0's side. No problems with wifi. Travel a lot usually for business and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Beautiful views from floor 5 0's
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Good afternoon. I am very plased to read you enjoyed your time here in York and found the hotel to meet your needs. Thank you for your comments. Congratulations on your anniversary; perhaps we will see you next year, if not before.

Kind regards