“Clean good quality room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson York

Park Inn by Radisson York
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in York
“Clean good quality room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel has good quality service, the hotel is new and modern. It's 5 mins walk from York rail station. The rooms are clean, wifi coverage is very good. Easy access to town centre, would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
A few words to thank you for your positive review of your recent stay here at the Park Inn York. I do hope it is not too long before we see you again.

kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Such an easy hotel to find from the train station. It's in a great location for getting out and about in the city, walking distanced from most places.
Radisson is a grand you can trust for a comfortable nights stay, I wasn't disappointed, the rooms were spacious and clean with good facilities. The staff were helpful and friendly, the breakfast is fantastic definitely worth having if it's not included in your room, it's your usual help your self buffet but the selection is fantastic, the food was cooked well and presented well. We didn't eat here in the evening as we had chosen Jamie's Italian but if we hadn't have been eating out I wouldn't have thought twice about eating here.
Would stay again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Good afternoon. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your time here in York and hope it is not too long before we see you again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Well were do I start I've stayed in many hotels in York and this one was by far the worst stay possible. There was 4 of us staying I'd made the booking for two rooms and they were. No where near eachother couldn't find our room turns out we were directed the wrong way. Staff on reception were very unfriendly but the manager on that day was friendly. Rooms were clean but a breakfast tray was sitting outside the lift with left over food from before we arrived and was still there after midnight. Breakfast was at best average.checked my bank account and they also took the money for the rooms out when we paid in cash do phoned them reception once again were not helpful what so ever and very disinterested in what had happened but said they would get accounts to give me a call. I ended up phoning accounts and reception never passed my details over so hopefully that will be sorted today. And offered me a free upgrade next time I stay which will b never So to sum up would I stay here again no for it being part of a chain of hotels terrible I'll stick with hotels that know what there doing

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Whilst it is always disappointing to hear some services were not to your expectations as thesse are very much at variance to those of other reviewers. However, all feedback is very useful as we are constantly reviewing our performance to ensure we maintain and continue to provide excellent service and value for money. I am sorry you will not consider using the hotel again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Hotel is within walking distance from the railway station. Good riverside location. Lovely breakfast. Room could have done with a few touch ups/tlc in the bathroom area especially. The bath panel was cracked and the grout was black in areas. An old razor cover was in the bottom of the bath but as was clear in colour was probably overlooked and not seen until actually in the shower itself.
Overall a very pleasant stay, hotel is in a great location for centre and attractions.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for bringing to my attention the problems with your bathroom; I would obviously like to follow up on this and would be grateful if you could let me know which room you stay in - sally.hughes@rezidorparkinn.com.

The location of the hotel is certainly ideal as everyone can walk and explore the city quite easily or alternatively sit in the beautiful bar which overlooks the river and watch the boats going by.

Warm regards
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Location is minuets away from the train station and perfect for exploring the city centre

Arrived slightly early so was pleased to be told our room was ready. Went to go into the room and it had not been cleaned. We then had to go all the way back downstairs to be told to go walk around the city and come back later.
After an hour or so we went back to the hotel, room still not ready so give us a different room.
The room was pleasant nice view over the river and could see the minster.

There room was slightly dusty on shelves, TV skating boards, picture frames. I think the house keeping department needs a little kick up the bum to keep standards up.
Breakfast was really good, lots of selection, good for £10.
Check out was easy and even looked after our bags whilst we spent the last day in York.

Room Tip: request a river view, very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am obviously disappointed to read that your allocated room was not ready for you on arrival but please be assured that I will investigate this matter further as this, and the dust you discovered, are not a true reflection of our usual standards Please be assured I will be sharing your comments with the housekeeping department. It sounds however that you had a great room with views of the river and Minister - truly one of the best sights to wake up to in the morning.

Canterbury, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night on a business trip, they had no double rooms left so had a twin. It's within walking distance of the railway station which made things easy.
There's nothing amazing about this hotel but equally nothing to complain about. It looks a bit drab from the outside so perhaps not a choice for a romantic weekend in York with your partner.
Breakfast was usual buffet affair so again fine without being amazing.
Room was cold to wake up to and a couple of my work colleagues said the same thing until they realised the room thermostat took about 15 mins to kick in when adjusted!
So all in all 'it was alright without being anything fancy'.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Whilst I acknowledge the exterior of the hotel may not the best, I am so pleased that you did not judge this book by its cover! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel in August & had a good experience, so booked again to stay one night on 2 February 2014 - I was going to a show in York that evening.

After the show was over, I checked my email to double confirm the location of the hotel only to find that I'd somehow booked a Radisson in Leeds, not York.

When I arrived at the hotel & explained this to the manager, she was sympathetic, but pointed out that it was almost midnight, so too late to cancel the Leeds booking, which was fair enough - it was my mistake. She then called the Leeds Radisson & she & the manager there agreed to transfer the booking to York at no cost to me. Great customer service & much appreciated - thank you both.

Point to note - careful if you're booking on the Radisson website - I'm not normally this stupid!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It sounds as though both hotel team members really dislayed the Yes I Can service for which Carlson Rezidor is so famous. I am delighted to hear that your problem was resolved so well by both hotels; I will certainly ensure your kind comments are made known to my colleagues at the Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds. Thank you for taking the time to write; it is always so pleasing for the team to know that their efforts are so appreciated by a guest.