“Good Food”

Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in York
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Have not stayed overnight but recently attended a Bridge Congress there over a weekend. The hotel is very convenient for the city centre but is difficult to get to by car at the moment because of the restricted access to the central Lendal bridge during the day. The hotel facilities are excellent and the catering for a large group was above average. An effort was made to present the food attractively and the vegetables were exceptional.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
it is always pleasing to hear when a guest has had an enjoyable stay at the Park Inn York and I thank you for taking the time to write to that effect. I know the Head Chef will be delighed to hear that you found the food to be so enjoyable and well presented.

Warm regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed in the hotel. The reception staff were poor and did not seem to care, especially if it was busy. Twice reception staff looked at the queue of people but decided that cleaning the door handles were more important. The room was small, and extremely cold - I was at the poiint of wearing clothes in bed. My colleague in a neighbouring room felt the same way. it is a very confusing hotel with inadequate signs, and I would ask someone for directions, but the staff were unhelpful. Overall,I travel a lot and this hotel was certainly poor. Finally be careful when entering your room in case the air conditioning grille falls on you as it did me - again the staff did not care when I reported this.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mumof2Stirling
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
I am obviously disappointed to read about your recent experience but am also somewhat perplexed as the points you raise are very much at variance with the experience of other reviewers. If you would like to contact me personally (sally.hughes@rezidorparkinn.com) I would welcome the opportunity to ascertain more detail so that I can take remedial action. Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel has good quality service, the hotel is new and modern. It's 5 mins walk from York rail station. The rooms are clean, wifi coverage is very good. Easy access to town centre, would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
A few words to thank you for your positive review of your recent stay here at the Park Inn York. I do hope it is not too long before we see you again.

kind regards
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Such an easy hotel to find from the train station. It's in a great location for getting out and about in the city, walking distanced from most places.
Radisson is a grand you can trust for a comfortable nights stay, I wasn't disappointed, the rooms were spacious and clean with good facilities. The staff were helpful and friendly, the breakfast is fantastic definitely worth having if it's not included in your room, it's your usual help your self buffet but the selection is fantastic, the food was cooked well and presented well. We didn't eat here in the evening as we had chosen Jamie's Italian but if we hadn't have been eating out I wouldn't have thought twice about eating here.
Would stay again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Good afternoon. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your time here in York and hope it is not too long before we see you again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Well were do I start I've stayed in many hotels in York and this one was by far the worst stay possible. There was 4 of us staying I'd made the booking for two rooms and they were. No where near eachother couldn't find our room turns out we were directed the wrong way. Staff on reception were very unfriendly but the manager on that day was friendly. Rooms were clean but a breakfast tray was sitting outside the lift with left over food from before we arrived and was still there after midnight. Breakfast was at best average.checked my bank account and they also took the money for the rooms out when we paid in cash do phoned them reception once again were not helpful what so ever and very disinterested in what had happened but said they would get accounts to give me a call. I ended up phoning accounts and reception never passed my details over so hopefully that will be sorted today. And offered me a free upgrade next time I stay which will b never So to sum up would I stay here again no for it being part of a chain of hotels terrible I'll stick with hotels that know what there doing

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Whilst it is always disappointing to hear some services were not to your expectations as thesse are very much at variance to those of other reviewers. However, all feedback is very useful as we are constantly reviewing our performance to ensure we maintain and continue to provide excellent service and value for money. I am sorry you will not consider using the hotel again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Hotel is within walking distance from the railway station. Good riverside location. Lovely breakfast. Room could have done with a few touch ups/tlc in the bathroom area especially. The bath panel was cracked and the grout was black in areas. An old razor cover was in the bottom of the bath but as was clear in colour was probably overlooked and not seen until actually in the shower itself.
Overall a very pleasant stay, hotel is in a great location for centre and attractions.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for bringing to my attention the problems with your bathroom; I would obviously like to follow up on this and would be grateful if you could let me know which room you stay in - sally.hughes@rezidorparkinn.com.

The location of the hotel is certainly ideal as everyone can walk and explore the city quite easily or alternatively sit in the beautiful bar which overlooks the river and watch the boats going by.

Warm regards
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Location is minuets away from the train station and perfect for exploring the city centre

Arrived slightly early so was pleased to be told our room was ready. Went to go into the room and it had not been cleaned. We then had to go all the way back downstairs to be told to go walk around the city and come back later.
After an hour or so we went back to the hotel, room still not ready so give us a different room.
The room was pleasant nice view over the river and could see the minster.

There room was slightly dusty on shelves, TV skating boards, picture frames. I think the house keeping department needs a little kick up the bum to keep standards up.
Breakfast was really good, lots of selection, good for £10.
Check out was easy and even looked after our bags whilst we spent the last day in York.

Room Tip: request a river view, very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I am obviously disappointed to read that your allocated room was not ready for you on arrival but please be assured that I will investigate this matter further as this, and the dust you discovered, are not a true reflection of our usual standards Please be assured I will be sharing your comments with the housekeeping department. It sounds however that you had a great room with views of the river and Minister - truly one of the best sights to wake up to in the morning.