“Excellent Location”

Park Inn by Radisson York
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My Fiancée and I spent one night at the Park Inn in April. I was pleasantly surprised on arrival as some of the photos I had seen looked slightly basic.The reception area was very nice and staff were friendly. We arrived quite early in the morning around 10am so obviously before check in. We were able to leave our baggage until the afternoon. The room was very nice, modern and clean. Although we weren't on the river side it had excellent views.Location is excellent. 10 minute walk from the train station and 10 minute walk over the bridge to the Shambles area.Lots of restaurants, bars & shopping.Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views ( we were on floor 8) and if possible ask for a room on the river sid...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jake M
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Good morning and thank you for your very positive review of the hotel and your stay in York. We are extremely luck to have such a fantastic location in the heart of the city and the views, especially from the first floor bar, are unique. A great location to enjoy an afternoon tea after a busy day site seeing or shopping.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I stayed in Park Inn for one night in April 2014 and, overall, found it a good hotel. I think its location is its biggest asset - right on the bank of River Ouse - which makes it very convenient to walk to the main city attractions. Room was comfortable and breakfast was nice and hearty.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Chaitanya T

Good morning. I am very pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay here in York. I know the team will appreciate your comments and to know that the service your eceived made a difference to your stay.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my 2 daughters! There double to was good value but my single room was tiny! Disappointed that neither room had a bath, only a shower! Good location for access to the town centre and the staff were very very helpful. Would go back but would pay the extra £30 and have a bigger room, rather than a "pokey" single!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bev157
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your positive review of your recently stay at the hotel with your daughters. The hotel is ideally situated to explore the shops and other attractions and then sit and enjoy a well earned rest and a chilled glass of wine in the bar over looking the river. If you plan to return in the future, may I suggest you check out the Park Inn website where you will find the best rates and special offers which are sometimes available. I do hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

One night spent in the Park Inn. Well located for the city centre.

Room was small by hotel standards but adequate for one night. Reception had slow service and none of the staff could break a smile, which was not particularly welcoming. That said, they were helpful.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Summerloverfromkent

Thank you for taking the time to share your rexperiences. It was a pleasiure to welcome you to the hotel and I hope we will have the opportunity to see you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Cannot fault the location of this hotel. Very central ideal for shopping and bars and restaurants. I had a room on the third floor overlooking the river. The only problem is that there is a path running below alongside the hotel which can be noisy late at night, especially at weekends. My room was basic but ok. My main problem with the hotel was inconsistencies - everything, food, service and housekeeping. Ordered room service twice, once took nearly an hour but was ok, the second was quick but only a sandwich and fries, not the one I'd ordered and with stale bread. Breakfast was often either undercooked or burnt and very bland. Food ordered at the bar was no better. Most of these problems I accepted but whe anyone in my party did complain, the staff sorted it but with no concern or real apology as if it was the norm. I have stayed in park inns before and this hotel definitely has lower standards in all areas. Simple things like corridors with trays left on the floor and bottles on the windowsills doesnt give the right impression.

Room Tip: Higher floor overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bernie m

I am of course disappointed to read your experience did not meet your expectations but I wanted to let you know that I have taken your comments seriously and will review them with the management team, especially with regards to the food and service. Please accept my apologies and this is not a true reflection of our usual standards. Thank you for taking the time to write and let me know as I am constantly striving to ensure a consistency of service.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights as part of a conference weekend, and really enjoyed it. The hotel is very easy to find from the station, and it only takes a few minutes to walk into the city.
I loved such a big comfortable room; the view was of the inner courtyard rather than the river, but as it's opposite several bars it was nicer to be quiet at night.
I found the staff pleasant and polite, especially in the dining room. Meals were good although I'd have preferred to have more of a choice. Breakfast was lovely - massive choice of hot or cold. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Depends what you want - internal rooms are quieter, river views nicer but noisier.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank judethepoet
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you had such a positive experience and enjoyed your stay. The team will be delighted and we hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to York.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

just stayed for a 1 night stay 50th birthday bash,check in was fine with no problems,room was on 6th floor good views over york,had a comfortable nights sleep,Breakfast was a bit disappointing though,eggs,sausage,bacon.black pudding all over cooked & quite tasteless ? at £155 a night for 2 adults you would expect a little better,staff were very helpful & polite

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheHoptons

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Whilst I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast, the feedback is extremely useful and I will ensure that the Head Chef is made aware of your comments and takes appropriate action. I do hope this will not deter you from staying with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. I am pleased to hear the birthday celebrations went well; please convey our congratulations.