Park Inn by Radisson York
  • Breakfast included
US$160
US$134
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$183
US$150
  • Pool
Novotel York Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hotel Noir(Clifton)
US$68
US$64
Hotels.com
Wheatlands Lodge Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$126
  • Breakfast included
US$192
2,282 results
All reviewsriver viewcar parksuperior roomcity centrereception stafffire alarmrailway stationgreat central locationsecure parkingper dayironing boardbuffet stylebreakfast roomwould stay againshort stayone night stayfew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First, you must avoid the first room out of the lift on each floor. Half the normal size - literally - with a small corridor containing a tiny shower, wash basin and toilet with inadequate room to use any of them. These rooms should only be sold at half price.

Okay, we knew about them so we made absolutely certain that we didn't have those rooms. In fact my bridge partner insisted on rooms with baths. These are quite some way from reception along a long corridor and in what clearly was a completely separate building. Suddenly you move from a normally heated hotel to a totally freezing hotel. Ice cold corridors: I do not know why, do they have air conditioning unnecessarily? The cleaner said everybody always complains how cold it is in this part of the hotel. The heating in the room did not work very well so I had to sleep with both quilts. In my friend's room the heating did not work at all so the hotel had to provide a separate heater which fused the electric sockets three times.

While the fact there is free Wi-Fi is good unlike some hotels which still charge for Wi-Fi, it is very strange, keeps going off and you have to keep reattaching to it so it is very difficult to use.

The food was poor. As someone else noted the jam roly-poly had no jam in it. The portion size for starters and suites was inadequate. Why do Hotels not provide toast with pate? Like other hotels these days they provide some fancy thing, in this case crostini, whatever that is, which tastes much worse than toast but I suppose sounds better.

At breakfast the staffing was inadequate so the food kept running out. If breakfast was until 11.30 as it is in really good hotels then there would not be the same problem. But by finishing early they get too many guests all the same time, especially when they are bridge players who are known to eat late, and they should put on extra staff to compensate for finishing too early.

A very poor effort from a very poor hotel which because it was Easter in York was charging more than Bridge players normally have to pay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

I am obvously disappointed to read your experienced did not meet your expectations. I will certainly ensure your comments are brought to the attention of the Head Chef; I am sorry you did not like the food presentation, With regards to the timings for breakfast, these were extended over the Easter break but it is a well known fact that the majority of guests will wait until towards the end of service, whatever the time, to take advantage of an extended lie in and so we recommend that those who wish to avoid a busy time arrive a little earlier.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was there for one night for a bridge competition..our experience was ,,,average,,the room was clean but quite small and lacked a wardrobe which was OK for one night but for any longer would be limiting . The services in the hotel were fine but the bar prices,,,well a coke and a tonic £450 !!! The meal in the restaurant was Ok apart from the desert ..the jam roly poly had only seen jam from a distance..breakfast was fine but the hotel was struggling to cope with so many guests...I made the mistake of parking in the hotel ...I shouldn't have £25 for less than 48 hours ...all in all It was Ok but I wouldn't stay again...unless someone else was paying

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I have taken note of your comments and will review them with the management team. We are extremely fortunte, as a city centre hotel, to be in a position to offer some car parking spaces and having recently conducted a review of charges at similar establishments, wish to assure you that the charges which apply are very much in line, if not cheaper, than the majority. May I suggest that an alternative would be to use the train as the railway station is only five minutes walk from the hotel and many guests find it a great alternative as once here in York, all the visitor attractions and shops are within easy walking distance.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed at the Park Inn in York last night and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement to say the least.

We waited for over an hour for a parking space in a tight, badly laid out car park. Then, once we went to check in we had booked a double room, we were given a tiny twin box room some 10 minutes walk from reception. We went back to reception only to be told they had no doubles left. I asked to see the duty manager who couldnt be bothered to come out but told the guy on reception to give me a double room (despite the receptionist telling us earlier there wasnt any!).

When we got to our room, it was again tiny (smaller than a typical london room!), there was only 1 bath towel and no hand towels. There was only a sheet on the bed and what can only be described as a dirty, itchy, cot blanket (approx 60 x 60cm sq). The beds were rock hard and there was so much noise all night from the corridor and the outside that we had no sleep at all.

We got to breakfast and had to wait 10 minutes to be seated...on a dirty table. We had to ask for it to be wiped. There was then a further 15 minutes wait as there were no eggs (scrambled, fried, etc) available and clearly the kitchen were not coping. Once we finally got breakfast it turned out to be cold so clearly the hot plate wasnt keeping any food warm.

The bar was very expensive, nearly £12.00 for a bottle of cider and a glass of rose wine. The decor is tired and dated, with small, dirty cushions and no atmosphere at all.

We complained in the morning to reception and got a quick 'uh, sorry about that'.

The room wasnt cheap, at £149.00 it was pretty much the same as many other hotels in the area and we chose it because it was quite central. Unfortunately, the hotel does not deserve the central location it is sited on.

York was lovely and we will definitely return again, but most certainly not to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelFoulds

I am extremely disappointed to read about your recent experience of the hotel as this is very much at variance with the majority of reviews. Please do contact me directly if you would like to discuss this in more detail (sally.hughes@rezidorparkinn.com) but in the interim I will certainly ensure your comments are discussed with the management team.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I spent last night at the Park Inn and had a fabulous experience. From checking in the staff throughout the hotel were extremely pleasant and professional. We arrived at 12 noon and were not expecting to be able to access the room, however our room was ready. We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the Main Street. The room was spacious and exceptionally clean. We booked a double room but the bed in our room was enormous, much bigger than a double and very comfortable. Well equipped bathroom, housing a huge double shower. I'm not sure whether all the double rooms are as big as this. We had a lovely nights sleep. We did not eat at the hotel however we did have coffee in the well situated bar area overlooking the river. This hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of York, perfect for sightseeing. There is a care park attached to the hotel which was very welcome. However, the spaces are very tight and a navigator is helpful to manoeuvre the car into the tight spot. Despite this, the car park is very secure. A fabulous stay and we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynneHartlepool

Good morning Lynne; Thank you very much for your kind comments, which I have shared with the team. We are all very plased to read that you had such an ejoyable stay here in York and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Spent a few days at this hotel last week on a short break in York. The hotel is situated on the riverside and within walking distance from the railway station. Check in was easy and we were allocated a room on the 4th floor, to get to this part of the hotel we had to go to the 1st floor then walk along a corridor and use another lift, this was not a problem. We could see the river Ouse from our window also across the rooftops to the Minster.
The staff in the bar and restaurant were very pleasant and helpful as my husband lost his glasses and they did their utmost to find them. Breakfast was excellent served in a lovely room overlooking the river. We look forward to using this hotel again on our next trip to York.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write; I am delighted you found the location and the hotel to be ideal for your trip to York. I will definitely share your comments with the team and I know they will be very pleased to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards